nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
JMB put about 25% effort into his last season

:blah: See where we're going with this? I could swear to you that any race that was bad for JBS, was because he didn't try, lol. In my book, anyone who sits on their laurels and doesn't try for ANY reason isn't worth the time considering him/her. Bottom line is, he got beaten frequently a large percentage of the time he was here--those are the data (he was only here a few years, right?), and people huddle around the Bayle throne like he's King and God. Look, if we're gonna sit around and talk about race wins, Reed has more SX wins than Bayle...and in MX, from 89-92, JMB had a grand total of 2 wins baby. Puts him tied with 7 other people for 28th position all time. RC has 47 wins thus far. :boss:

IMO, he should be criticized for all the potential lost, making him no different than TP, Lechien....ie, the reason people are JBS haters is they can't stand the crowing about how good he is on a bike, but with no results (125 all time king). Seems we've got the Bayle crowers now. ;)

Edit: 2 National wins? That can't be right, based on what we know. Data are from amaproracing.com?????

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Bayle is 20th on the all time AMA win list, with 25 AMA wins. He won 3 x 125 MX, 2 x 250 MX, 4 x 500 MX and 16 x 250SX. Not too bad considering the short time he was here and the level of competition (Stanton, Ward, et al).

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
nephron you cant see the difference at all? JMB wins mutiple world titles, goes to the states wins every title in one year then gets bored of mx, wants a new challenge and then signs to go road racing, that season he is not comitted to mx at all(i think its bad he wasnt) and he doesnt do well-lets face it hes proven beyond any doubt winning as many titles as he did in so few years, that he could have won many more, however unlike Bubba and RC this wasnt enough for JMB-he set a new challenge of going straight in at world level road race-Bubba and RC hardly ever set foot out of the US-JMB went multi world mx, ama sx and ama 250/500 champs then went to world road race and did very well by most standards.

mtk's comments makes no sence, if alot of world gp winners(greg, jmb,langston) win at ama then the levels are similar what ever anyone says, the few that havnt won are chiodi(got hurt doing the sx series) and tort,he also gets hurt too often mainly in sx-he got 2nd in ama mx.

Now afew so called fast ama riders were hughes and brown got there ass handed to them in world gps so how can the levels be so different?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Come on marcus... you are comparing the best in the gp's to mid-pac (for the most part) US riders who only go to Europe as a last resort.

Fact is, whenever RC goes to Europe, he wins. The very best in the GP's said he has NOTHING for RC. That was a quote.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Neph - Jeff Ward was one of the riders that MXA once quoted as saying JMB was the best (the article was done before RC began dominating).

As a KX500 rider, I though you might like to know Jeff Ward's opinion.

Rick Johnson was also in awe of JMB. In this article he discusses how he was riding his best in timed practice at Undadilla '89, and Bayle was 3 seconds a lap faster.

http://www.supercross.com/rjsays.php?id=23

BTW, I believe Bayle won the first AMA national he entered - the 250 class at Gainesville in '89. He was world 125 champ at the time and used the race as a warmup to his world 250 title. After winning the world title, he came back to the USA at the end of the season and won a round of the 500 nationals that year before coming to the USA full time in '90. He got 5 AMA 250SX wins his first year racing supercross and 8 SX wins his 2nd year. Can you say 'Natural'?

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
weird i thought brown won the 125 title and hughes was right in there for the win? maybe there are some other riders called brown and hughes?

for the record i think rc and bubba would win the world titles, but that doesnt diminish theworld title or title holders.And you cant judge a series just because it presently has 2 exeptional riders, in the future there maybe less speedy ama title holders.

Last edited:

CK

Mar 29, 2005
I don't see JMB in the list of people with the most consecutive moto wins in SX. Hannah, MC and RC top that list I believe. Give Bubba some time. As long as he stays healthy, he very well start making new records of his own.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The AMA page shows JMB managed a win streak of 'only' 3 SX in a row. But there was an 11 race stretch of '91 where he won 7 out of 11 SX races. Three in a row and 7/11 is not bad when you are lining up against Stanton, Bradshaw, J. Ward, L. Ward, LaRocco, Kiedrowski, Matiesevich, Dubach etc...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think JMBs record speaks for itself on this, its like saying is the atantic ocean better than the pacific.

And okie you would be better spending you time getting rid of the annoying adds that are on each page? :boss:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
weird i thought brown won the 125 title and hughes was right in there for the win? maybe there are some other riders called brown and hughes?
Come on now marcus, you know those two enterd a weak class that year, just like Langston dropping out of the 250's when he heard Stewart was out.

Prediction; Brown will finish no better than 5th (and that's giving him a lot, imho) in the Nats this year... in the kids class.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL- RC and Bubba are the fastest guys in the world- take them out of the equation, and you would be lucky to see a US rider on the podium- in the US or Europe.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Now afew so called fast ama riders were hughes and brown got there ass handed to them in world gps so how can the levels be so different?

Hughes and Brown ? They got their rear ends handed to them over here too...RJ, Ward, Stanton, Henry, Glover, Hannah, Bailey, MC, RC, Bubba, and Barnett would all hand Hughes and Brown their rear ends on a silver plattter.

Unfortunately for Everts, RC passed him with ease..

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
john3_16 said:
Hughes and Brown ? They got their rear ends handed to them over here too.....

i seem to remember Brown winning an AMA title, and Hughes nearly winning one depsite riding half the season with a broken leg. This is after they came back from Europe. Doesnt say much for the depth of talent in the 125 class when a a vet with a broken leg can win beat half of the spoiled little kids also racing it.

As for Everts, no doubt RC and Bubba are faster, but like i said, take them two and the Euro riders out of the AMA series, and you might be left with a series that resembles the COTT race at dirtweek!!! :) ;)

Back to the JMB topic, i wanna see RC go and get a world title then start road racing!!!! Jeff Ward has done it with cars, and remember John Surtees- World Championships on 2 and 4 wheels!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
john3_16 said:
Unfortunately for Everts, RC passed him with ease..

seems a few people have a odd memory of the race, first we hear he crashed and he didnt, now he passed everts easily-well it couldnt have been that easy as everts passed him back a few times?

just like if rc had lost the race you would say he would win a series, its more than one race to win a series, we now see what heppens when rc is under real pressure-mistakes happen.

Its sad we wont see a series between the best of the best.

Is the US going to actually send a team this year?? or do we have to listen to endless excuses about lack of funds :bang: :yikes: :ahhh:

As bubba isnt scared to ride a big bike any longer will he ride or is he scared of flying?

john the only title brown has is ama one -3rd was the best he got in the world gps.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
i seem to remember Brown winning an AMA title, and Hughes nearly winning one depsite riding half the season with a broken leg. This is after they came back from Europe. Doesnt say much for the depth of talent in the 125 class when a a vet with a broken leg can win beat half of the spoiled little kids also racing it.

And how many racers nearly won a title ? Send some contenders over here that have there only qualification as a "nearly" champion and lets see what happens.

Well, yes Brown has a title...But it's not like you're putting up America's best when you send Brown to the GP's...He won his title in 01' (4 years ago and he's now 32 years old) and won a grand total of 3 races...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
He won a title in ama one year older then when he got a 3rd in the World gps-whats that say?

john to make your points less valid :blah: Reed got 2nd in the World gps, guess hes a also ran in the ama series as well?

Top Bottom