AlaskaMatt

Jul 26, 2009
So right now i own a 2007 CRF230F which i ride just about every day. Ive been riding for a good 4-5 years. Right now i live in Ketchikan Alaska and really all we have for riding is a few open dirt fields with some jumps and a little "course" that we ride on, and i do a little trail riding also around here as well. My 230f is really getting to be a tad too slow for me and I want to upgrade to a newer faster bike. I am 16 and i wiegh 144 pounds and im 6'1 and physically fit. Ive been looking at the YZ250f and the KX250f as far as 4strokes go, and the YZ250. So the only 2 stroke experiance i have had is on my friends 85 and i just absolutly love the powerband on that thing, so a 2 stroke is really appealing to me, but then again ive never riden a 250 race bike before so who knows. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance :cool:

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
as far as the 2 stroke 250's go, you can BASICALLY pick your favorite color. as far as the 4 strokes go...well how much money do you have to spend...if you dont mind me asking?

AlaskaMatt

Jul 26, 2009
Umm i was planning on financing it so really anthing under 8 grand is fine with me because ill have half of that here pretty soon.

cr125matt

Jul 26, 2009
i ride a 2 stroke 125 and powerbands like you say are amazing. It depends on cash situation because if a 4 stroke 250 valves cost more to replace than my entire engine. if your riding on something thats a small track get a 250 or a 450 4 stroke. a 250 2 stroke is so powerful it might be to much. However if you do the 4 stroke route, you will have alot more versatility just in case you want to go slow. PS: honda is amazing. keep with red

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom