SoCa - LPNF (Snowy) Trail Clearing Effort

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
OK: U guys who want to ride Snowy & other trails, now is your chance to join in w/the rangers & others to make it happen sooner than it would otherwise. Without your help we can count on waiting much longer to enjoy these trails.

Who: My contact is LPNF Ranger Ray Kidd (sp?), 661-245-3731, x240.

Where: He will be meeting us @ the main paved entrance to HVSRA (Hungry Valley, Gorman), the large parking lot on the right.

When: Saturday, April 14th @ 9am. (More to follow in the upcoming weeks.)

What to bring: water, snacks, regular biking attire, & of course your bike. They provide hand saws.

What will we do: saw downed branches across various trails & toss them aside.

Kris Kudla of the VCMC - who will later be laying out the May ISDE-format race - will be there to lend a hand.

OK: who can make it? Brett R, Eel, Kiwi, Wombat, Gyros, Ol'89r? Others?

I consider this as a priveledge to be among the 1st to be on the trails this year...

------------------

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sorry guys, I'm off to TX for 3 weeks. Have fun!

Kiwi

------------------

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
John - If I don't close escrow on the new home by friday I'm there.

------------------
It always gets worse before it gets better.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
John. Have plans for Saturday. Will see if I can change them.
These are the kinds of things that we all need to get involved in instead of complaining about everything.
Thank you for setting this up.

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Kiwi: AWOL.

Brett r: hopeful.

LT/RMj: off topic. But while we R @ it, new registration w/no new provocative name (RockyRooster? Novice? Prince Boring? Uncle Sage? Suggestions?) anywhere in sight.

thumbs: OK; domestic duties.

RMj: very legit.

ktmboy: yes, the storm cancelled Tue & Wed's trail clearings; next scheduled day is Sat., according to Ranger Ray.

If Ranger Ray announces it's off Sat. morning when we arrive, then we will go to plan B: do a few loops in Hungry Valley (see bleow). Sound like a plan?

Gyros: a maybe.

Trail report: I was @ HVSRA all day yesterday w/my youngest son (RM80) & another fella (300 E/XC) from work (trail clearing work postponed due to snow).

Yes they did get snow, but it did not stick/stay @ lower elevations; only 6'k feet +.

Conditions were best ever; traction galore (Tues. would have been too slick) & slightly cool. Saw 1 other biker, near his own truck.

Put in 2 loops for a 50 mi. total; switched to reserve ~1 mi. from camp late in the afternoon.

We'll do similar loops if the trail clearing work is postponed.

------------------

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Unfortunately I have plans on Saturday - tried to rearrange but it will not work.

I am definitely up for next weekend or any other weekend just about ... I will be able to ride either this Friday or Sunday - will anyone be around those days ? I was thinking Gorman ... got this new SRC fork brace on and I'm interested to see what it really does ... I'm up for helping the rangers but this Saturday is just bad timing.

Let me know ... Friday or Sunday ? Preferably Friday ... ?

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

Wombat

Oct 31, 1999
I will be at Gorman on Friday with EagleEye. Eel, I'll send you an e-mail and see if you want to hook up.

I don't know if I'll be up for Saturday. Mainly, the Snowy trail is not one I have been desiring to experience. I heard some nasty stories... Isn't this trail for experts?

------------------
Wombat
KDX250D1
IT175G

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
That'll work Wombat - check your e-mail ... I'm gonna try to get there at 9 am or so - front parking lot ?

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
For anyone who can make it - we'll be at Gorman Friday - about 9AM at the Edison campground.

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

Gyrros

Mar 8, 2000
Is the clean up of snowy trail still on because I think I can make it on sat. Hey, Lastplace is snowy trail an expert trail? I aint no expert but I would like to help you guy out.

------------------

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Hey I'd love to join you guys this sounds like a great plan. But I'm grounded (by the doc and the wife) from riding until the end of May :( :( :( :( :(
I reinjured my surgically repaired back and can barely work much less ride. Let me know how it goes I hope you have a good turnout.

------------------
chicks dig scars, pain heals, glory lives forever

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Still on; work or trail ride...will B there @ 9am tomorrow morn...look for LPNF Rangers.

I'm in a white Toyota T-100 Xtra cab & yellow bikes.

------------------

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Yikes! RMJeff...you need the new Alpinestar/Buck Rodgers personal jet propulsion system that attaches to your boots for situations like the one in the Tony Cleghorn Rd photo :eek:

------------------
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Top Bottom