placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Ranger Ray (RR) met up w/us as planned; 8 heads showed - 4 DRNers, 3 VCMC members. One of the latter lugged a chainsaw via backpack & RR a handsaw.

When we were ready to enter the Tejon Trail trailhead, RR found the gate's cable cut (not a good thing) by someone anxious to get on the trail; a ticket writing opportunity lies ahead for RR if we happen to come upon to them.

The first downed tree was ~1 mi. in; w/all the hands + chainsaw made quick work of it.

@ ~ mile 5 we paused @ the intersection of Arrastra Trail; five other riders came upon us, so RR let them know the trail wasn't open yet but they were free to join the work party, of which 3 did; two others chose to try Arrastra of which RR allowed, knowing they wouldn't get far with the snow up top of Fraiser (8k').

A second work stop @ ~ mile 7 was @ an eroded slope where we built up a soil ledge w/our hands, enough for bikes to pass safely.

Another tree was found laid over the trail ~ 12 miles out. It had a 2' dia. trunk, but w/the chainsaw RR made quick work of it, along w/the two embedded roots.

Prior to jumping onto Gold Hill Trail, I realized we spent a lot more time riding than working, which was fine by us; this next trail had no need for clearing.

Our final break occured where the trail empied out and abutted Gold Hill Road. This road is off limits to green-stickered bikes but we were given a bye from RR to return via this road to the parking lot.

We said our farewells, then split off into Hungry Valley for some fine trail riding back to the truck.

So now Tejon & Gold Hill Trails are open to the public. RR told me a special crew will be coming down from Nor Cal to clear Snowy within the month, and if anyone want to join him on other clearings, or accoompany him on patrols, please arrange it with him by leaving a message @ 661-245-3731, x240.

------------------

Ready2Rip

Jan 17, 2001
PlaceLast,

That was a good time, thanks for hooking me up. If you plan on doing another one soon, let me know. Next time we'll bring shovels ; )

KTM400MAN

Sep 6, 2000
Thanks guys for clearing the trails! Our club(Racers Under The Son)is going up to Gorman next weekend the 21st, and we look forward to riding those trails. Will snowy trail be accessible by then? Hope so, Erik

------------------
visit our club's website at www.ruts.org

Gyrros

Mar 8, 2000
I had a great time. The trail was a little ruff and i got a little arm pump, but besides that it was awesome. Lastplace, thanks for a great day of riding.

------------------

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I have a suggestion for a new name for LastPlace or Placelast.
How about Trailcutter?
After all, he helps the rangers on trailcutting projects and when he rides, he really cuts-a-trail.
Seems appropriate, waddya think John?

Or even, ol'trailcutter. :p

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

Ready2Rip

Jan 17, 2001
KTM400MAN,

Snowy trail wasn't open when we went - still snowy. You may want to get an update from the rangers.

Good luck!

------------------

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Maybe we could change Lastplace to "MarkerMan", because he likes to mark everything (including damage). :D

OOoops. :eek: I hope I haven't gone too far....

------------------
Holeshot's Page

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Now if I had this tendancy to make my own trails, then, yeah - & old too! Let's give it a 3.

Marker? A solid 4. Mmmm...pass. Another nice try.

Both on the lame/lightweight side (hey, like me afterall).

LT had some that were at least descriptive...w/innate charater.

Don't let that discourage U 'all; keep 'em comin'.

------------------

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
i rode gold hill and tejon on saturday, this weekend i was thinking of going to snowy, does anyone know forsure if it is open? Other wise i will go to the track.

Thanks,

Brent

------------------
00 CR250
My webpage
last updated 02-25-01

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Thought of this one the other day - El Matador or just MATADOR.

Fearless, calm, cool, collected, watched by thousands (maybe a bit exaggerated on that point, but "oh well", at least you've been responsible for getting people together to ride) - pretty cool one I think.

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

[This message has been edited by the Eel (edited 04-19-2001).]

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Here's a few-

Trail_Boss
Trail_Captain
Trail_General
Trail_Leader
Trail_Time

Dudley_DooTrail
MrRoger's_TrailHood
Buzz_LightTrail

Ain't name callin' fun?

------------------
Holeshot's Page

KTM400MAN

Sep 6, 2000
Hey Brent, I'm going up there with a bunch of riders Friday morning-sunday afternoon. Come on out and look for a KTM400sx #900g. We will probably be at cottonwood campground, but just follow the "Racers Under the Son" signs. Ask for "Bully"
I'm planning on hitting the mx track on Sat. or Sun. morning(depending on the weather). Definitely doing the trails. I hope snowy is open too. Erik

------------------
visit our club's website at www.ruts.org

Top Bottom