CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
Hello all.

I have been riding in the Mohave desert for most of my life, but I have never raced. The only dirtbike racing I know anything about is MX/SX. I know almost nothing about desert racing.

Are there any races near Southern California that I can enter, without any racing experience, too much money, and racing a whole series?

Im only looking for some basic information to get the ball rolling...

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
ama district 37

Check out the District 37 website for a season calendar of desert races: :cool:

RUTS Meltdown race is this weekend: 6/9-6/10 Lucerne Valley~Cougar Buttes.

Cost is $28 +$5 legal defense fund. AMA and Dist. 37 membership required and available at sign up.

Free Barbeque and Concert Saturday night starts at 6pm. with raffle prizes (pit bike grand prize)

Dual European Scrambles-with a unique bomb start :laugh:

A great venue for your first race...Both A and B courses are well marked. :ride:

You should go and ride it!

Ken

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
Alright. I visited the District 37 website, and took a look at the calender.

how must I set up my bike? Is a desert tank needed, or any other modification? Would you suggest a hare & hound, hare scramble, or european scramble ect. for a beginner?

Do I need any tools or repair skills?

Thanks.

decade377

Dec 17, 2006
The RUT's race would be a great race to start with. The courses at a Euro scrambles are shorter than a traditional dez race, if you can go 35-40 miles on a tank of fuel you won't need a big tank. Do you have a steering damper? Those things are life savers! You will also need a spark arrestor that will pass a 96dbl sound test and a current green/red sticker. PRACTICE the bomb run! It helps alot. Most of all, relax and have fun, Dez races are part party ,part carnival. :cool:

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
http://ruts.org/MD Flyer 2007.pdf

Here is the link to the flyer...you may need to cut and paste to get there. I believe this will address most of your questions.

You should feel pretty comfortable with the course as you are experienced riding in the desert. You will not need a desert tank on this ride. [I wish I could be there to see the start...it will be cool]

The best thing for you to do [if you choose to go] is to treat it like any other ride you've had in the Mojave.

I read this somewhere...and I like it well enough to pass along to you:

"A finish is a win, a point and a pin!" Go have fun at a race put on by a very cool club-eat some gourmet :laugh: free :cool: BBQ and enjoy the company of some 400+ desert racing enthusiasts.... You'll not regret it. :nod:

Let me know how it goes!
Ken

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
Looks fun, but I don't think im free this weekend...

But, I am going to look into District 37 and Racers Under the Son, which particulary interests me because of the Christian foundation.
Im going to try and find another euro scramble, sounds fun :cool:

Thanks for the info, I just needed some basic stuff to narrow it down. :ride:

In fact, I have been to Lucerne when RUTS was there before, I just didn't know what it was. Lots of people though!

Ill try and find some money for a new silencer and memberships/fees...

Top Bottom