a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Another great day with fellow DRN'ers at Elsinore MX. Met Bruce (Bclapham) and Robert, a friend of Dads. Always a fun day with these guys but sorry the rest of you couldn't make it. :( And sorry Thumbs, Dad couldn't grab my brake lever, he was too busy picking up his tractor from outta the hairpin mud turn!:)

We all stayed together and rode the same tracks which made for fun motos. Bill and Robert both talked me and Dad into "just one more moto guys". Geesh, gives us old guys a break!

Unfortunately, Dad got a show when I rode a bucking Zuki rodeo off a table top on one of the motos! Luckily the Zuki allowed me stay on her until she came to full and complete stop. I gathered up my personal belongings, pulled the seat outta my butt, fired her up and joined the race again.

They made some drastic changes to both tracks, some good and some too peaky for me. Too much air beneath my tires, makes Elk feel scared on Main track! The Vet track was nice, a little tight for some but great if you want to hold Bill and Robert back behind you! Sorry Bill, if you ain't in front at the start, you ain't gettin by!:)

All in all, we had a great time, rode until around 1:45 or so, loaded up and took the trek home.

Thanks to all that came and enjoyed the day with me, looking forward to some more bar banging with Dad and the rest of the crew. Bruce, welcome to the U.S., now get outta the way!:) j/k Stay in touch my friend, good riding with ya.

Elk

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
As Elk said, a good time was had by all. It's always great to hang out with the "regulars" and it was nice to see a new face (Bruce).

I worked hard on getting around Elk, but to no avail! He'd go outside--I'd go inside, sounds like a good plan, however, the problem is that the outside has a nice big berm and the inside is flat and slick. My only option was to drift wide and into the Elkster. Luckily for me, I remembered Elk's "in" with law enforment and decided that this would not be a good idea--I don't need to see any flashing lights in my rear-view mirror on the way home!

Dad is definitely getting used to that big ol' 4 stroke and gets faster every time I see him---I keep hoping that will stop soon :confused:

Hope to see everybody out there again soon.
Bill

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Bill Purcell
Luckily for me, I remembered Elk's "in" with law enforment and decided that this would not be a good idea--
Bill

Good move Bill.

Every time I come out of the grocery store my damn car is missing. Hey elk, it was funny the first couple times, but, its starting to get expensive to get it out of impound.;)

Good report guys.

Ol'

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I told you I've never touched your stinkin Dodge wood sided van! You just forget where you parked it!!:p

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
Funny thing is, it's probably true.:debil:

It's NOT true, it's not, it's not, It's not!!!

It's a Ford.;) :moon:

Top Bottom