dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Is anyone going to this even or have you been before? What can I expect, this is my first event in the desert and I'll be out there by myself too.

Thanks Ed

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey Ed, This should be pretty fun, it's out in the ORV park, which is one of the areas we were telling you about in a earlier thread.

It will have a little of everything, rocky up & downhills, sand washes, deep sandy whoops, tight rocky techy stuff, this place can have it all, just depends how they laid it out.

Look for me somewhere around check # 1, if you see a couple of orange safety vest hanging in the brush, be ready to strike a pose.

Have fun and start drinking a lot of water now, it will still be hot and very dusty.

ALSO, Let the hosting club know you are alone, very important !!!!!!

This race is in memory of two riders that we lost this year, One was in June, he was 21, got lost 1 mile from the finish and passed away from the heat, Do not take this lightly

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Jpivey, Thanks for the input. I'll have my hydropack and an extra water jug, total of 92 oz of water and I'll hydrate up till the event. I also spoke with a guy name MikeW on KTMTalk from the HBMC and he said for me to sign their roster so I'm checked out and in when finished. I hangout and try to help in their pits to repay the invite/support.

I went to the Soggy Dry Lake area just the other week and one thing on my mind was the possibility of loosing sight of the ribbon and running into trouble. I started to chase ribbon that was set for the Oct 4/5 Desert Run and within just a short time I was out there and away camp. It makes you really think when you loose track of where you are. The area is very different from Octillo Wells and it will take time to get oriented out there.
I will have my tools/tow strap and cell phone with me too. I assume I'll just attempt to hang with a pack in my speed range and keep it safe that way. The main test is just getting my Husqvarna to fire on the first or second kick and hanging with a group.

Thanks again and we'll see at the first check. I'll be on a newer TE-570.

Thanks Ed

Top Bottom