McRage

Jan 13, 2002
I have seen the KTM soft saddle, and spoke to Enduro Engineering regarding their soft and tall - soft foam seats, with separate covers.

The KTM soft seat comes with the seat pan for $85.00 through the dealer, the EE seat foam and cover goes for $120.00. Not enough of a difference to argue about, but which one is the most comfortable (like an XR or KDX seat).

I talked to someone from EE who rides twice each week, plus races enduros on the weekend, and he said the tall soft foam broke down after one season, but translated to my riding schedule, that means I'll get several seasons out of a seat ...

Does anyone have experience with any of these options. I know your supposed to stand up, but when I do sit down, I want something more comfortable than a 2X4. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ
2001 300 EXC

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I have MSR tall soft foam in all my bikes and I have MSR normal height soft foam in my wife's 125EXC. The MSR tall is not XR/KDX cushy. None of the softer foam is that I've heard of. It's somewhat softer and it makes a huge difference on those long and multiday rides. No more monkey butt.

The stuff I have is at least 3 years old and has not broken down at all. I thought all the foams were made by Gutz but I don't know for sure.

The stock KTM seats are said to be made from a very soft grade of Maple. :)

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i have experience with all of them. i used a tall hard or medium for a long time & liked it ok. i had a tall soft on a bike that i bought used, & i didn't care for it--too soft for me. but i'm a wierdo, i like the stock foam except that i need taller, so i got a tall super hard & like it just fine. i have an extra tall soft foam, still in the wrapper that i need to sell. let me know if anyone is interested.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'll make you a deal: these things run 60-65$ + shipping. i need to unload this 1 so i'll let it go for $40, & i'll ship ups ground in continental us. how about that?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I realize you probably don't want to, but you will get used to it. I actually like the firmness of KTM seats. I can still get monkey but though, if the race is long enough, and I just can't stand any longer!

Top Bottom