solid or rubber mount triple clamp set????

06yz

May 2, 2006
I bent the stock Renthal bars on my 06 yz250 and I am looking to replace the bars w/ ProTapers. I was also looking at the ProTaper triple clamp sets. I like the idea of the rubber mounts for the vibration absorption, but I have heard complaints of other rubber mounts resulting in bar twisting regularly during rides. Any input about solid mounts or rubber mounts would be appreciated.

psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
I've heard RG3 is the ultimate triple clamp. I haven't heard anything bad about them. My buddy raves about them in fact, always asking when Im going to get them. Transworld did a recent report on their website about the protaper rubber mounted triple clamp. I'm in a similar position with my 06 YZ250. My stockers aren't bent yet, but when they do I'll be going with the Protaper set up. The RG3 is just too pricey for me budget. If you have the time PM me on what you get, I'm very curious for a ride report.

06yz

May 2, 2006
Psalms

Thanks for the reply. Many readers, no reccomendations. I looked up RG3 on the net and the complete upperr and lower triple clamp set is $499 amd the ProTaper's range from $489-$529 depending on solid or rubber mounts. The price looks pretty competitive. RG3's site brags that their clamps offer all of the advantages of the rubber mounts w/out the dissadvantages of bar mount twisting. Maybe the RG3s are the way to go. I will have to get some more information. Can you send me the link to the Transworld article. I searched their site briefly and couldn't find it.

Thanks

psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
Yeah the article does kinda read like a promo. Regarding the price, yeah they are competitive. I assumed you were going to just get the upper triple clamp, not top and bottom. Sorry if I kinda steered you wrong there :whoa: From the bit of price comparison I did for the top only the price difference was significant.

psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
Hey by the way, you might wanna try posting your question on other forums. Thumpertalk.com or proride.com or mototalk maybe you'll get some responses from people who have some experience with these clamps.

Top Bottom