Some new drive components ordered. (product review)

06450F

Apr 17, 2006
Just thought i would share with you mates some of the drive components i purchased for my KX450F.

I came to the early realization that the oem supplied chain was a hunk of poo poo. The drive sprocket seems to be doing its job fine as did the rear for the most part holding up decent.

I just purchased a new chain offered by DID. Its a X ring chain but its advertised as "narrower". As the bike is supplied with a non 0-ring and the O and X rings are thicker by a hair, i figured this "narrow" X ring may help with my clearance issues. Less rub on my chain guide, and less tearing into my tire lugs and shock mud flap.

Has anyone used this chain. I "think" its the RT...can not remember exactly off hand, but its the thin chain, and a top of the line component.

I also purchased a titanium rear sprocket from Sidewinder. Bit pricey but they claim it will outlast other sprocket, and guarantee it. It was a about twice the price of an average top of the line Renthal or such....but said to last over twice as long.
Very nice company to deal with also.
Has anyone used this product also? (The sprocket is not the tri-metal, its complete titanium one).

Thanks for the input.

Ride safe, and rip it and grip it!!!!! :ride:

06450F

Apr 17, 2006
OH yes, lastly i should have both of these products in the next day or two and will give some feedback into the quality and the durability as i use them the next few rides this weekend.

Top Bottom