Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Every so often the guys that own the photo studio where I work will clean out their really old gear and sell it on-line to help offset the cost of new equipment. I spent this morning taking some shots of the old gear they're getting rid of. Other than the Canon AE-1 and the Hassies, I'd never seen these things before. It's pretty cool holding these really heavy, old bodies and looking through the eyepieces for a while.

Attachments

• Mamiya C330.jpg
    Mamiya C330.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Koni-Omega.jpg
    Koni-Omega.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Graflex side1.jpg
    Graflex side1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 138

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
And yes, the Canon will include the awesome strap and lens cap tender! :)

Attachments

• Canon AE-1.jpg
    Canon AE-1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Hassie-2.jpg
    Hassie-2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 139

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The first one is a twin lens reflex camera. One lens is for viewing the subject and the other lens takes the shot. Both lenses have the same focal length. The view finder is usually at the top of the camera and you look down into it. The Rolleiflex is probably the version most people are familiar with. I always wanted a Rollei growing up, they seemed so cool.

Even today when you look at an old one and study the way they are made it's hard not to marvel at the quality of the construction and the incredible engineering. The Hasselblads are the same way.

Attachments

• 443px-Rolleiflex_camera.jpg
    443px-Rolleiflex_camera.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 110

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Nice , very nice!

my other cameras are a Nikon N80, an Ae-1

and this one, a recent purchase, the Pentax 645:

Attachments

• pentax645.jpg
    pentax645.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 93

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Bspeed said:
so how much for the Konica Rapid ?

They'll probably be posting these cameras on Evil-Bay within the next two or three weeks.

Rich is right. I've never used any of these cameras, but from a historical perspective I'll hate to see them go. There is a beauty to these things that I'll miss. I think we still have a few Hassies that we'll just keep forever.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Cool stuff.

I have started an old camera collection, but I only have 2 so far. One of them still has a rool of film in it, but I found that out the bad way. :bang:

Top Bottom