Some pics of my heavily modified KDX

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Thought you might like to see some pics of my 04.

Here's the mod list:
EFM Auto Clutch
rear hand operated brake and SS rear brake hose
scotts steering stabilizer
race tech gold suspension valves
heavier fork springs
heavier shock spring
FMF Gnarly Rev pip
V-Force3 High performance Reed valve system
RB designs Bored out carbeurator, modified pilot circuit, and added venturi plate for way more power
Shaved the head, and machined the squish band for more
e-line carbon fibre pipe gaurd
FMF turbinecore2 silencer
twin air filter
air box lid modification
Moose hand gaurds
renthal dual compound grips
gps and ram mount
michelin s-12's
13/50 gearing change
Freddette Chain Guide
TAG X5 Mini Works Bars
xgx graphics
Factory Effex gripper seat cover
devol rad gaurds
devol disc gaurds
EBC sintered R pads
MX style rear fender
MX style front number plate

Phil

Attachments

• KDX220R_1s.JPG
    KDX220R_1s.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 691
  • KDX220R_2s.JPG
    KDX220R_2s.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
Looks Good!! Which fender pack is on your bike? I have been looking at the Dirt Bike Gear Medium bag like I have on my KTM but I'm not so sure my KX fender will suport what a medium bag will hold. Might go with the KDX Fender Pack.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
seancza said:
Nice job Phil.

For your info, Sand Del Lee track near Munster opens on April 23 if you need to get out for a rip

But I bet motopark in QC is open sooner ;-)

SDL is a swamp...

I heard the almonte pit is open again - heard anything about that?

Phil

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
DanAKAL said:
Looks Good!! Which fender pack is on your bike? I have been looking at the Dirt Bike Gear Medium bag like I have on my KTM but I'm not so sure my KX fender will suport what a medium bag will hold. Might go with the KDX Fender Pack.

It is a kdx bag from them. Fits great, doesn't hit my ass and holds all the tools I need it to.

Phil

seancza

Apr 22, 2003
1tontj said:
But I bet motopark in QC is open sooner ;-)

SDL is a swamp...

I heard the almonte pit is open again - heard anything about that?

Phil

I haven't heard if the almonte pit is open

that might be the place to go

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
I like the flames! Those with the black side plates and black or green rims.

By the way, check out the Moose fender pack, and and also these, I think they are better made. We use the dirt-bike-gear number plate bags and they are well made, but with any, we use clear tape to protect the number plate decals from rubbing off.

http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/ (Ballistic Bag) - there is even a version made especially for the KDX.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/03DualSport/05index.html

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Nice Job

Very nicely done. I have nearly all of the same mods, my head is being done by RB right now. Was the difference very noticeable?
Where did you find the carbon fiber pipe guard.? I'm looking for carbon frame guards too, but can't seem to find any.

Thanks

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
1tontj said:
It is a kdx bag from them. Fits great, doesn't hit my ass and holds all the tools I need it to.

Thanks Phil. Knowng you have the KDX bag and it is working well for you this is probably what I will go with. I really like my medium bag but I'm not so sure about mounting it on a MX Fender that doesn't have a great deal of support. Looks like the KDX bag would be just the ticket.

Dan

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
You left the tall seat foam off the list.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
marksharp said:
Very nicely done. I have nearly all of the same mods, my head is being done by RB right now. Was the difference very noticeable?
Where did you find the carbon fiber pipe guard.? I'm looking for carbon frame guards too, but can't seem to find any.

Thanks

Have not finished the break in on the new parts - waiting for good weather this week.

E-line Carbon fibre pipe gaurd and most other parts came from Central Alabama Motorsports in Clanton, AL.
205-280-0601
fax: 205-280-0920
And they have great prices (or else I would not order from alabama to Canada ;) )
You can tell them Phil Jensen Sent you and it will probably make the pricing even better (me and my buddies buy lots of stuff there).

Phil

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
DirtRoller said:
1tontj, do you have good pic.of the ram mount set-up on your bike? I was thinking I might try one this year. Do you recommend it?

No, no good pics of it.
Yes I reccomend it 100% - it is great and very tough.

Phil

mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
What is the rise on your Tag x5 bars? I'm wanting to get a higher rise bar. I'm 6'2" and yours look higher than mine. Did you have to change the bar mounts? I've also heard renthal Jimmy Button style or any CR Hi bars are a good rise for taller guys. I don't want a lot of pull back on them though.
PS. anyone know where to get a tall seat for a KDX. thought Fredette would have it but couldn't find one there.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
mattmcphail said:
What is the rise on your Tag x5 bars? I'm wanting to get a higher rise bar. I'm 6'2" and yours look higher than mine. Did you have to change the bar mounts? I've also heard renthal Jimmy Button style or any CR Hi bars are a good rise for taller guys. I don't want a lot of pull back on them though.

These bars are great for me.
They are much taller than my previous CR hi bends, and have way less sweep than the CR ones.

They are TAG X5 "mini works" bend
They have a height of 118mm
sweep of only 42mm
and are only 740mm wide, so they are perfect for the woods with no cut down required. Bolted right on, no mods required.

I think they are the best bar to buy for a KDX with a 6'+ tall rider.

Phil

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
1tontj said:
Have not finished the break in on the new parts - waiting for good weather this week.

E-line Carbon fibre pipe gaurd and most other parts came from Central Alabama Motorsports in Clanton, AL.
205-280-0601
fax: 205-280-0920
And they have great prices (or else I would not order from alabama to Canada ;) )
You can tell them Phil Jensen Sent you and it will probably make the pricing even better (me and my buddies buy lots of stuff there).

Phil
Wow! :cool: That shop is about 30 minutes from my house. I know those guys. Royce and Phil are great! BTW, Clanton is a really small town about 40 miles south of Birmingham.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Some more pics of my KDX in action

Mully changed my post to:
:rotfl: man that is funny.

So why can I not link my gallery here? I would just upload the pics, but I was too lazy to do all the resizing and so on, so I thought I could link my other site gallery here?
How come I can't? I see other people linking galleries (including those that require you to login) in many other threads and mine gets editted?
Strange way to treat a paying member...

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom