B

biglou

I've only emailed a few of you earlier this week about the situation with my mom. I talked to my sister earlier this evening and she gave me the latest. My mom has advanced small cell lung cancer and they have givern her 8-14 months. She's been in the hospital since the 27th, when she called me saying she was having trouble breathing. We already knew she had an unidentified growth around her trachea that she was to see someone about this past Tuesday. Dad was out hunting for the morning, so I took her to the ER. After lots of poking and prodding, they admitted her and spent this past week doing tests, performed the biopsy, even began radiation treatment on the growth yesterday and today, all the while waiting for the results as to exactly which type of cancer it was. Tomorrow they move her to the 5th floor, which is the cancer ward. They expect she'll be there through next week to see how she responds to the chemo, then hopefully she will be able to come home. That's about all we know for now. I'm sure the next week or so will shed more light on what the immediate future holds.

I could write a book here, but I won't. I just needed to lean on my extended family a bit.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Sorry ot hear that man. If there is anything we can do let us know. If you just need to bs or whatever feel free to call.

864-579-2837 (hm... feel free to call collect)
864-238-7863 (cell)

Ivan

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I'm so sorry, Lou. I don't know what to say. I think I speak for everyone when I say that you're extended family's thoughts and prayers will be with you. Hang in there.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Lou, I'm sorry to hear about you mother :(
Here's to hoping she responds well to the chemo

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
Oh man Lou, I am so sorry.  I sat at the keyboard for probably 5 minutes trying to come up with something to say.  Needless to say, I couldn't.  I'll be thinking of you and your mom and the rest of your family.

Jerry

(402)746-3488  Home

(402)746-4646 Cell

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Sorry to hear this Lou.
Just being there for your mum will be a big boost for her. Hope they are wrong about the time frame and she gets this into remishon. (sp?)

Walt

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Lou,

I know what you are going through. My mom has Lymphoma and is starting her second course of chemotherapy because the first failed. More than likely she will not respond to this treatment either, in fact, this treatment could shorten her life. In any event, her time with us is short so we make the most out of our time remaining. My mom has a great attitude and that makes it easy for us to be comfortable around her. She really is the rock of the family.

Chemo is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical challenge. If you can support and encourage your mom to be strong and happy it will help her through this tough time. If she can keep a positive attitude it will help your entire family.

Lou, by reaching out to your friends you have done one of the best things you can do for yourself. Good luck to you and your family and by all means, let us know what we can do for you or your mom.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
That is bad news, Lou. I've been down that road also. My mother was diagnosed 6 years ago, and she's still in remission. Here's hoping your mother can kick it as well.

Call me if I can help.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Lou, my brother, as you were there for me, I am here for you. If you need anything, let me know. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and be with her as much as possible, humor and happiness really works, trust me. Godbless,
Carlo

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hang in there Lou, cancer is beatable.. Keepin your family in my thoughts and Prayers...
Rick

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry to hear that Lou. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Just like everyone said "If you need anything don't hesitate to ask". PM or E-mail.

DezDuster

Sponsoring Member
Sep 19, 2002
Lou,  Like some of the others here my Mom also had cancer. She was given 8 to 10 months seven years ago. Chemo and radiation are miserable to endure and almost as miserable to watch, but they're worth the effort. I'll pray for your Mom to to recieve the same miracle that mine did.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Lou,
I also went through this event with my Mother. It's a very taxing situation on all involved. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything...advise, help, a shoulder to lean on....

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you and your Mom.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Lou:

Words fail to fill the void I feel now.

As others have said, cancer is perhaps the biggest challenge our belief systems face, for family as well as patient. Attitude is everything.

Take care, treasure every moment with your family, and call me anytime you want to talk or if I can help in any way.

Love ya' buddy
Tony

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Lou,
That is tough news. We are here for you. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You need anything let us know.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Sorry to hear that Lou. Tell your Mom we're all helping her to beat this.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Louis, having met your mother I know she's a woman of strenghth and all she needs is the unwavering support of her family and friends to stay motivated. Be there for your Mom. I'm so sorry you and your family have to experience this trauma. Hang in there.

Gnat.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:( Sorry to hear this Lou, you know how to get a hold of me if ya' need to, 24/7 buddy.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Lou, I'm trulely sorry to hear this (well read actually). I don't know what to say other than sorry and be strong. For yourself and your mom. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Top Bottom