Somebody please end the year 2002 while my

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
family is still alive.
What a year and it cannot end any to soon :flame:
Started out on January 12th thekid broke his right wrist snowboarding
June8th the kid takes a bad spill in practice at a track 250 miles from home and breaks his collarbone and sustains a pretty good concusion.
Same day I go down on the track with no heartbeat and eventually find that I have Vaso Vagel (sp?) nerve syndrome.
October 5 I ride stupid at dirtweek and blow out my left knee
Dec 3 I undergo ACL reconstruction surgery and on Dec 5 develope kidney stone then a day later get the flu and stay bedridden for almost a week.
Dec 15 we get a phone call from the ski hill thekid is becoming a snowboard instructor and after finishing and passing the 4th level of certification he and his friend take and extra couple runs. Thekid has crashed and now broken his right forearm and left wrist :(
SOMEONE PLEASE PULL THE PLUG ON 2002 so we can start anew :(

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Damn!  Sorry to hear about the addition of Eric's injuries to the list.  :(

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Man oldguy! Sorry to hear what an unfortunate year you and the kid have had! Have a safe and happy holiday season. The New Year will be here before you know it!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Dave - If you guys keep this up Blue Cross is going to send a hitman out to your house. :scream:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
hey you sissy, what would nietchi say? huh...get out there and take it by the horns. you're old, live it up buddy. :eek: ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dave!!! Man! That's just a raw deal for the kid, he must be bummed. Good thing is at least he'll be healed-up before spring? Good luck man, there aren't many 02 days left!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Here is to a better '03 Dave :thumb:

Man that kid can break the bones! :(

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Hope the kid heals up quick Dave. Hope you are progressing well from the surgery/kidney stones. On another note I think I'll pass on carpooling to the metrodome from the hotel for the minny SX just in case someone didn't get the memo 02 is over. :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry to hear that Dave! Sounds like my families year. 2001 was just as bad and we hoped for a good 2002 but no such luck. Hopefully 2003 will be alittle better for everyone.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Agreed! I am ready for 2003 too! Let's put a bullet in '02 asap!

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well gee wiz, sounds like thekid needs to drink some more milk... :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Dave, ouch!  Best wishes for you guys.  Not good when the ER personel not only know your name but can remember your insurance policy number.  Heal up will you?!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dave - It sounds like you got way more than your share.  Should we send bubble rap for everyone.

I'm ready for 2002 to end as well, but for different reasons.  Maybe the phone will ring more in 2003.  It wouldn't take much to improve on 2002.  Business has been in the pits the last few months.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Ouch!
Hope you guys heal up soon.

Kevin

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
:ugg: Damn, Dave. Next year has to be better. I doubt it could be much worse.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Wow, sorry to read the injury list, hope you guys heal up soon.  I had a young soldier who had a kidney stone.  He ended up passing it during a "drunk-fest" in the barracks one night.  I had staff duty and walked in on him drinking a beer holding this tiny little pebble looking thing tears streaming down his face.   He wanted us all to know that he'd just given birth :eek:   Hea carried that thing around on every road march, air assault and field problem for about three months calling it "Jr".  I got sick of hearing about it, but at least it kept him motivated until he lost it and started talking about putting it's picture on a milk carton..... :silly:

Last edited:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
nice story moose! not! geeze, family forum here..hey! ok old guy, i got it figured out. you're old, right? so anyway, you get the senior citizen discount and therefore your year has only 355 days. see, you're out of 02 now, but kinda' in a holding pattern for 03. there...i'm here to help. :thumb:

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Eric just cant sit still can he? I bet he is up and running in no time. Since Trudy is the only one left uninjured.... she better not take any risks, like doing laundry or cleaning. She has to be available to help you and Eric for awhile, so hire a maid and a cook and you should be ok until New Years!!! Hang in there!

Top Bottom