jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Well another long day in the garage working on the 1-2-5..
The whole motor is together and all the gears run out and kicker returns with authority.. i took off the remaining components from the frame and began to scrape, scrub and inspect..
you should have seen the neck bearings, sure plenty of grease but about a pound of sand also..
i found one crack in the frame, under where the seat mounts.
When i was done you couldn't see the garage floor under the bike with all the grime..
tomorrow we go to piss off quarter car wash owner....
cheers::

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
OK guys, I'll try this one. Ahhhmmm, WE RIDE BECAUSE WE ARE.....
Anyother questions class?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
jboomer said:
He'll remember just as soon as he gets back on the bike!

Or he'll be screaming that question when he gets the bike all done and finds an extra gearbox shim on the floor! :eek:

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
thanks, MWEISSEN:
i was looking for inspiration waiting for the snow to melt, now i need to run all the dirt through a shifter......
THANK YOU, THANK YOU....

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
jackdrinker said:
thanks, MWEISSEN:
i was looking for inspiration waiting for the snow to melt, now i need to run all the dirt through a shifter......
THANK YOU, THANK YOU....

Sorry, Jack. It was a voice of experience, actually on an RM125 as well (although a 1978).

Keep us updated on your progress. I for one enjoy the updates!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
woodsy said:
OK guys, I'll try this one. Ahhhmmm, WE RIDE BECAUSE WE ARE.....
Anyother questions class?
Woods riders are sadistic and love pain. :eek:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thats correct - we're TOUGH guys - no moaning and groaning from OUR group when we are done riding for the day - NO SIR REEE! Wait a minute, wasn't there someone complaining about being sore for days after our last outing in White CLoud? :) :) :) (I now picture 6 people going back into the archives to see if they were one of them :)
I am so SICK OF SNOW I COULD SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
.....Wait a minute, wasn't there someone complaining about being sore for days after our last outing in White CLoud?
Woodsy

Yeah, the key difference Woodsy is that you can't see the smiles on the 6 guys faces as they were groaning in pain! When I can barely walk three days after a ride (which doesn't happen that often after I got off my big old WR), I use it as a way of remembering and reliving the ride! So, Marlin is still right in that, when we complain about the pain, we're really saying "it hurts s-o-o-o good!" :)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
You are soooooooooo correct Mark and so is Pat - got you guys stirring though and thats what I was trying to do :) :) !! I just put that comment in there cause I am trying to BREAK THE WINTER BLUES BOREDOM! I would love to "relive" any agony I felt from that ride and redo the whole thing right now - TODAY!!
Sheesh, even "easy going" little ol me is starting to sound "sadistic and pain loving!".
Wheelie on brothers!!!
Woodsy

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
OK...so there are...uhh...(1, 2, 3, 4...) erm, 19 days left in February before we get into March...and then it's just a couple more weeks before everything starts warming up a little! Yea! :joke:

BTW-I just came inside from out in the garage. I was sitting on my KDX (per woodsy's orders) and listening to the radio for over an hour! ...and no, I didn't get monkey butt... :moon:

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
fender92883 said:
OK...so there are...uhh...(1, 2, 3, 4...) erm, 19 days left in February before we get into March...and then it's just a couple more weeks before everything starts warming up a little! Yea! :joke:

BTW-I just came inside from out in the garage. I was sitting on my KDX (per woodsy's orders) and listening to the radio for over an hour! ...and no, I didn't get monkey butt... :moon:

Fender, did you do any little "vroom-vroom" sounds while you were out there?

You will REALLY enjoy that first ride! I can picture your smile right now!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
Fender, did you do any little "vroom-vroom" sounds while you were out there?

You will REALLY enjoy that first ride! I can picture your smile right now!

No, more like "braap, braap"...you get the picture. :cool: I also rocked the bike around, feeling the suspension move and shift under my weight. SOOOO much better than what I got used to on that XR!

Ohh, I can't wait to get that thing in the dirt! Especially since I just got finished watching "On Any Sunday"...that just fueled it even more! AARGH!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Maybe we should start a count down to "GLADWIN RIDE!" T minus two months +- and a week or so! "I AM SO SICK OF SNOW!"

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
A Woodsy Poem/Prayer for his ridin buds..

Lord, these dirtriders are freinds of mine
and NOT of mine alone.
They need your assistance more now
then ANY other time I've known.

You see, there minds are melting down
with every passing day.
This white stuff that is on the ground
is REALLY in their way!

Little Fender got a brand new bike
that he cant wait to ride.
70marlin, Mweissen, his Dad and I
are waiting at his side!

And there are SCORES of others Lord
who wait as patiently.
To see this MISERABLE white stuff gone
so we can start our riding spree!

This one thing we ask dear God
if this short message gets thru.
Turn up the heat and melt this stuff
BEFORE our tempers do!! Amen....

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I truley am sorry bout that Fender - didnt mean anything by it. It is an age reference - an old guy like me will do that kinda stuff without thinking. I am still calling my 24 year old daughter "little girl" and she corrects me too... Please dont take offence and PLEASE dont roost me with that new woods weapon of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh, by the way Fender. I never did get to congratulate you on your "College plans" - MAJOR CONGRATS there big guy (I am learning :) ) !! Want some more "free" Woodsy advice? Learn to ENJOY education (sounds like you do already) and be open minded about the horizons that will open up thru your College experience. There are some REALLY neat things to get involved in with your life!
Oh yea, dont tear those U.P. trails up to bad either!
Woodsy

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
woodsy said:
I truley am sorry bout that Fender
It's OK! No worries! I was just playin' around anyway--having a little fun. After all, I AM little physically (5'5") :thumb:

Thanks! I do enjoy my education...and I'm VERY excited about MTU!

Top Bottom