Someone tell me how to make my bike more powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimprn

Sep 7, 2006
Hi i have a 2000 kx 125 the only things i have done to it is a bigger sprocket not sure how much bigger, pro circuit platinum pipe, a pro circuit 304 silencer, and thats it....what should i do to make it more powerful? i can get the wheel up in 4th gear but i cant in 5th or 6th?? im bored of my bike and i havent had it for almost a year yet ???

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Is it properly jetted? Is the top end in good condition? Proper maintance and up keep makes a big difference in how well a bike will perform.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Get the head or carb modified. I know that with my KDX these give it much more power. Do you want low end power or high end power? You could mess with your sprocket combinations some more.

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
Sounds like you are ready to upgrade to a 250 2-stroke. Bigger sprockets only manipulate the power they don't increase it. I recommend a larger sized bike.

pimprn

Sep 7, 2006
welll ive been riding since i was 6 and im 18 now. ive been riding different bikes and i got this 125 this year and i used to think it was insane. i can keep the powerband going in corners and stuff im just bored of it i want more power out of it :P So what do i do to the carburator to motify it can u guys explain, and yes it is properly jetted cause i just spend 100$ putting new jets and crap in it cause i got that pipe on it. Would boyesen pro series reeds make a difference with the reed chamber, and port and polish the heads make a big difference or waste of money ?>I dont want anything done to my bike so the engine will blow in like a month ahahha :P

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Brake later, get on the gas sooner and like chili said corner faster!

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
pimprn said:
Hi i have a 2000 kx 125 the only things i have done to it is a bigger sprocket not sure how much bigger, pro circuit platinum pipe, a pro circuit 304 silencer, and thats it....what should i do to make it more powerful? i can get the wheel up in 4th gear but i cant in 5th or 6th?? im bored of my bike and i havent had it for almost a year yet ???

If you're really getting the front wheel to come off the ground in 4th gear, you don't have any shortage of power for a 125. When it's running strong, my 144 will consistently get the front wheel off the ground in 3rd, but not in 4th unless I hit it just perfect and pull up a bit. Of course, gearing makes a big difference in those sorts of things.

Anyway, your options for more power are basically head work, porting, 144cc overbore. The porting will move the power around. Head work and a 144cc overbore will give you approx 20% increase in power everywhere.

However, the other guys are right. Work on corner speed.

Are you racing? If so, are you running with the A and B guys?

If not, as I have learned, the painful truth is that the problem is about 95% you not being very fast and about 5% the bike's fault.

Adding 20% of power is going to help in a few situations - like a short run out of a corner into a double. However, if you don't keep a brand new tire on the bike you will get a lot of wheelspin with a 38 HP 144cc bike.

Don't get me wrong - I love the 144. But it don't fix slow.

If you're interested in a 144 kit, contact Eric Gorr at Forward Motion. The whole kit with porting, head work, 144 piston, etc. . . is about $500.00.

Otherwise, get a 250f or a 250 2 stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom