joey450

Jul 14, 2007
Yesterday we were at the local practice track and my 9 yr old son who races the 85 class, had a rider go down in front of him...he went over the bars and the bike landed on him..causing a tibeal spine fracture Type II. Went to the ER and the Ortho on call did not feel comfortable to do surgery...he referred us to another sports/youth ortho, who we will c tomorrow and schedule surgery...I am just curious how long this injury will keep him off his bike...he was running second in our local tri-state series, so he is bummed about that...any thoughts?? :(

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I know nothing about a tibeal injury. But get him good treatment and follow the doctors advice to get him back to 100%. He is young there's many more series for him to win.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It would seem it has nothing to do with the spine, thats a big relief! BUT, it is a knee injury, and type 2 he will have to go under to stretch it and cast it? A kid, 6~8 weeks he should be good to go? Hopefully! Listen to the doctors, and ask lots of questions about rehab. Vintage Bob : http://gait.aidi.udel.edu/educate/spfx.htm

joey450

Jul 14, 2007
Thanks for the site...We went to the ortho surgeon today and he is going to do surgery on Thursday..It looks like a 6-8 weeks he will be in a straight leg brace and therapy to follow.. The surgeon said that he says one of these injuries every year to year and a half..they are rare and complicated to fix...usually they can not fix it 100%, that is why it takes so long in a brace to mend. He will have to take it slow getting back on the bike..we are in no rush, we just want him healthy. Although he is in a rush to get back on it!!!

Top Bottom