BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What a perfect day.  Bright sunshine, 80 degrees, and a light wind.  Better yet, a total of 13 riders, including two peewee's.  We had the 1.25 mile course to ourselves.  Milk and his buddies from OKC arrived first and got a few laps in while I unloaded Brutus.  A thunder storm Thursday nite left the ground moist and a few puddles to deal with.  Even though the track was not preped, it was fun.  I started with a site lap and followed that up checking out a few sections repeatedly to get a good idea of the track layout.  Lots of breaking bumps and whoops.  The track made you work hard to hold a good line.  I finally worked up the confidence to start trying some of the obstacles and had a great time.  DWreck and OKKX'r arrived and joined the fun.  OKKX'r is pretty strong on the track.  DWreck is no sloach either.  Brutus could take them(if someone else was at the controls). :(  All and all a great day. 
Unfortunately, one of Milk's buds had to make multiple runs to the crapper :scream: Fortunately, I gave him some cork in a capsule and slowed his trot to a purposeful stroll. :p

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Yup, the ole, "hold the back, squeeze, and shuffle the feet" was in full effect. :) Squid says thanks for the pills Swift.

A great time was had by all.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Great day! After riding we were sitting in the shade, cool breeze blowing, loaded up. No one was rushing to leave, savoring the day.
Track wasn't prepped, line selection practice or else.
Great bunch to ride with, had some real fun dicing with everyone.
Kudos to Milk for working the track owner for us.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Now that cuts right to the true nature of the Heartland Spodes.... not just the riding, but the fact that a founding member includes corkitup pills in his gear bag.........

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
the fact that a founding member includes corkitup pills in his gear bag.........

LOL! :laugh:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Glad ya'll had a good time. It was suppost to be 80 here and it may have done it around 1:00, but buy three o'clock there was a steady breeze and the it clouding up nice. I just wish it would have been like that all day. Now, if we could just get some of the moisture you were talking about!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
This was my first trip back to Wellston in two years. The last time ended in a trip to the Emergency room for me so needless to say I was dealing with the ghosts of moto past. Can you say tentative? I think my bike was scared as well remembering the damage done to it and it never quite ran right all day. Maybe it was the month and a half old gas I had in her. Just the same the weather was great and I got to hang out and ride with my buds so I would have to call it a good day just the same.

Top Bottom