kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me out here. In the weekend i did 3 motos, without crashing all day which was a frist for a whiles, but the thing was my forearms were SO sore i could barley hold on, i mean i was fine, i felt like i could have ridden hard( i wasnt riding as fast as i can for reasons), yeah ridden hard and for longer if it wasnt for my arms being so sore, so if anyone has any ways to stop this thanks.

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Kiwi,

Increase the strength of your forearms (wrist curls, light weight, lots of reps)
Don't hang on so tight
Increase your cardio fitness (to better oxygenate your muscles)
Carb up the day before a race
Drink plenty of water
Ride, ride, ride

vetwfo'er

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
Tight Grip

Use your legs to grip more. Thats my mistake my first race - I was using my forearms to hold on to the bike on landings. My second moto I tried using my legs more and my arm pain went away.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
has anyone tried a potassium supplement to prevent muscle fatigue?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Massage

I'm suprised no one has mentioned massage. I truely believe that arm pump can be greatly reduced or eliminated completely.Your entire body will greatly benefit from a massage. If you generally are sore for several days after a hard ride, make an appt to see an LMP (liscensed massage practicioner) a few hours after your ride, or the next day. You'd be suprised how much faster you recover.:cool:

Jeremy

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode
I bought a think called a Dyna-flex powerball on the recommendation of a friend. In one week I have noticed an improvement.

Truespode,
Where did you purchase the Dyn-flex powerball at? Sounds like a good investment!

T

Thumper-meister

Hey TrueSpode -
I got one of those Dynaballs at Copelands Sporting Goods. I have not been able to figure out how to use it though, what is the trick to keeping the ball spinning? The instructions on the package just don't do the trick for me.

spt23dc

Sep 22, 2001
Be sure to get in dairy products day before and day of ride or some type of calcium supplements. Lack of calcium will be the first thing to cause muscle cramps. Thats my opinion anyway if the soremess you are taling of is cramps and not just pump and lactic acid burn. If it a pump and burn you are feeling only one way to fix it ride more and hit the weights:D

S

Saratoga

I thought I was in good shape and couldn't figure out why I got so tired racing MX. I revalved my suspension and installed the correct springs and voila, I feel fresh after motos. My suspension was pounding my body especially my arms.

If you are in good shape and doing the correct endurance training, it might be bad suspension tiring you out.

DK00_yz125

Sep 28, 2001
I friend of mine had one of those dynaballs and I haven't been able to find one in dallas. They are great, but it can be tricky to get the techniuqe to keep it spinning. It takes some practice.

Does anybody know of another store that sells them besides copelands?

Top Bottom