YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
I just started riding about a month ago, and I've begun to notice my thumbs are sore for a few days after a ride. I probably didn't notice it at first because everything else was so sore, but as I fall less and less, I'm noticing the thumb thing more. I've been trying to relax my hands, and grip with my knees like I've been reading on here, but its still happening. Am I still too tense, or am I missing something??
Thanks
(hope this is in the right forum, didn't see a "health" type forum here)

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I think this would be a riding technique. Anyway try gripping with the side of your boot. I don't get the thumb pump if you want to call it that. I used to but I forget what cured it.
CRG

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I used to get bad forearm pump from having 'the death-grip'. You have to consciously keep telling yourself to relax your grip, almost to the point of having the grips bouncing around in your palms.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Try being consious about keeping your elbows OUT! ALso, you may want to reposition your controls so it makes you ride elbows high. (levers more down than towards the front)
Squeeeeze wit da kneeeees!:D

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Thanks everyone. Looks like I may go riding tomorrow, so I'll be working on it some more. Never thought about the side of the boot thing CRGuy, I'll definately be trying that one. I'll be messing around with the controls to see if I can find anything there too. Thanks again!

Lee520

Feb 19, 2001
Hey I have that problem on my right thumb but its from using the electric starter on my 520 MXC.:D

Also hanging on to tight and to much weight on your arms, especially when you go over jumps.

Top Bottom