fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
/ said:
If we don't measure up to your standards fatcat, I'm sure there are a lot of sites out there that do.

Stick a fork in this one. We're done.

Hey- just wanted to apologize. I thought I was being funny, but looks like it doesn't translate.

Patman you are correct in explaining our difference in what we call friends. What I should have done is quoted Spongebob (really Will Rogers)
"A stranger is just a friend you haven't met."

I thought it went without saying that I liked you guys and just give you crap. Enough that I seriously considered taking my family to Bonneville to stand in the sun and cheer someone on, enough to send emails and notes of encouragement when people get hurt. Enough to spend my Mother's Day/Birthday at Aztalan hoping to meet Old guy, Spider, and Blndebomber. And even bring a bigfanny cake to boot.

Liked people enough to drive to Indianapolis to connect, or try to catch up with folks in Minneapolis, to introduce families. Enough to encourage the writers to write, and admire those with wit and smarts. To offer a young lady between jobs a roadtrip to take her mind off things and meet some of you all.

Yes, I perhaps have erred on the side of too friendly when I pick up a phone to call and wish someone good luck, because that is what friends do around here. And, since I use the term loosely I can understand where some people might find that overstepping boundaries.

Anyway, I made my bed here. I completely understand. I think the sentiment is clear enough. The friends I've made thru this forum certainly understand my personality and we'll see eachother at races or tracks or our houses. To those who I've offended I can only say I am sorry. Not my intent. To defend those getting beat up, I have no regrets...and to talk smart is just plain fun. But definitely no intent to make any of you feel like I disliked you personally.

take it easy. Apology extended to all those who an apology counts for something.

dd

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
FWIW i got the humor after i saw the " :uh: :think: " and gave the benefit of the doubt

:) :) :)

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
IBTL! :nener:

Just for the record, I'm cool with everyone here at Dirtrider. We were just having a discussion with differing opinions and I respect all who participated.

Thanks again AJ! :cool:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
10 minutes in the penalty box to repent, then your free to stir it up again. :nener:
Thank you sir, may I have another, please? From a graduate of the anger mis-management poll. :rotfl:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
The thread was closed because it had run it's course and the issue that the original poster had was resolved.

SS109 had an honest issue and had every right to vent in the flame forum.

AJ took the time to address the issue online in a very professional manner for all to see. This is something almost unheard of in todays cyberspace world. This is also why many members of this site use and trust SH. :cool:

After a couple of phone calls, which IMO is the way it should have been handled in the first place, the issue was resolved.

Then, the thread started to wander off of the subject and was beginning to turn into a pissing match and a waste of bandwidth that could have been used to discuss other things like, oh lets say, DIRTBIKES. ;) There again, IMO.

No need for anyone to apologize for anything.

That is why the thread was closed and If I took any statements out of context then, my bad.

Ol'89r
Poopie head in training.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ol'89r said:
The thread was closed because it had run it's course and the issue that the original poster had was resolved.

AJ took the time to address the issue online in a very professional manner for all to see. This is something almost unheard of in todays cyberspace world. This is also why many members of this site use and trust SH. :cool:

After a couple of phone calls, which IMO is the way it should have been handled in the first place, the issue was resolved.

Then, the thread started to wander off of the subject and was beginning to turn into a pissing match and a waste of bandwidth that could have been used to discuss other things like, oh lets say, DIRTBIKES. ;) There again, IMO.

That is why the thread was closed and If I took any statements out of context then, my bad.

Ol'89r
Poopie head in training.

So, what you're saying Terry, is that the thread took it's normal course for DRN..

Guy makes post, others give comment to the post that ultimately resolves the issue, the rest of us glom on and generally make asses out of ourselves.. Yep, that seems to be about how things work around here.. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
next time someone takes something personal around here I'm gonna fight them.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
XRpredator said:

You gonna give 'em an upper cut with the shift key?

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Ol'89r said:
Ol'89r
Poopie head in training.
There is "training" involved in becoming a "Poopie head?"
I think I missed that memo. So I guess that I can tell my wife that I really have not really reached that status, yet, anyway. :debil:

XRpredator said:
Yea, but will you be wearing your cape when you do? It does matter! :nod: ;)

:p

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
holeshot said:
Or give 'em a back-slash and throw them into some brackets? Then you can give them the old 'ctrl alt del' treatment, and finish them off!
;)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I wonder if could still take 'em out with the old "FORMAT C: /U"

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
SpDyKen said:

Yea, but will you be wearing your cape when you do? It does matter! :nod: ;) :p

Whooooaaahhh there fella! Since when did he get a cape?!!! If he gets a cape I get a cape! :pissed:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Papakeith said:
Whooooaaahhh there fella! Since when did he get a cape?!!! If he gets a cape I get a cape! :pissed:
That's his back hair.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ol'89r said:

Ol'89r
Poopie head in training.
And 1 more point,"You kids stay the hell off my lawn!" Vintage Bob

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
SpDyKen said:
There is "training" involved in becoming a "Poopie head?"
I think I missed that memo. So I guess that I can tell my wife that I really have not really reached that status, yet, anyway. :debil:

:p
No the poopie head part is natural it is the paperwork portion we have to reteach him :nod: Carefull if he wants to shake your hand before he gets his cape :yikes:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
holeshot said:
SpDyKen said:
Or give 'em a back-slash and throw them into some brackets? Then you can give them the old 'ctrl alt del' treatment, and finish them off!
;)
VintageDirt said:
I wonder if could still take 'em out with the old "FORMAT C: /U"
That's darn funny. tks. :cool:

Postfight:

Attachments

• afterthekeyboardfight.jpg
    afterthekeyboardfight.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 165

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
XRpredator said:
I guess I'll have to pack a lunch!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Hey Fatcat, I see where you went wrong. You threw a playful jab into a room full of fighters. Slap yourself on the wrist, and don't do it again. Have a nice day!

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
You all need to read this book. :nener:
agreement 1

Be impeccable with your word - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
agreement 2

Don’t take anything personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
agreement 3

Don’t make assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
agreement 4

Always do your best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

Attachments

• fouragreements_book.jpg
    fouragreements_book.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 119

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom