keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I have been reading all these threads about piston slap and all I read is NOISE. What does this NOISE sound like. I have a little metalic ping noise that goes with revs. I also have smoke coming from the joint inbetween the block and the pipe that I tried to seal with some high heat gasket, does this leak hert my powe?.(Recomendations?)

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
You will hear that "slap" when your top end is loose. My friend's ktm lost about 60% of its power when the piston started to slap. Dont think slap like a slap on the back, its more like the metallic high pitched almost translucent "ping" you were talking about. Is your exhaust port smoking really bad, or just a bit? I wouldn't say it would put a damper on your power, although its definately not a good thing.

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
It smokes a lot on cold start a lot less after warm up. I just figured it was normal 2 stroke smoke, but the pipe is not sealed in any way to the exhaust port of the engine. I tried the liquid gasket but it just ratteled it self to pieces. I do hear the high pitch ping a bit but I have heard it alot in othe 2 stroke equiptment, like weed wackers. It isnt a regular continues sound, is that still bad?

Top Bottom