wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well the state of NH is [assing an amendment or adjusting the old admendment from people calling the cops for too much noise. Now a cop doesn't need a call, if he/she (the cop) belive the noise is didturbing to the "average" person than you can be fined up to $1000. :bang: the noise must be able to be heard from 50 ft from the source, this is for anything, car steros, sleds, bike, anything!!!!! so this means that if any cops by us are D*&ks, than we can be fined, even if every one in the town says they don't care about the noise. alittle trick i have over them though is in my town we don't have a sound ordinance, it's only a courtesy to be quite at 11:00pm. we you know what we have a small track now but now have a excavator and are building a supercross track on our property!!! :laugh: and our neighbor who owns 400 acres of land on the power lines gave us permission to ride it :aj:
hopefully this law doens't go through though, cause every where eslse ,unless a coursde or something will be fair game :eek: :eek:

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Well, first of all noise is a form of nasty azz pollution which no one should have to put up with if they don't want to. Second of all, if noise is an issue and you are part of the problem then help figure out how to compromise on the issue, be cool, less noise = more terrain. This is a big, BIGproblem nationwide and 96db will be the standard. The good news is most production exhaust systems meet 96db http://www.dirtrider.com/features/141_0305_so/index.html
I would count on the law passing, people are pissed and for a good reason.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
its not that i'm am part of the problem, its just i'm worried that if the law passes than it will affect our riding areas. or atleats limit them. most of this problem came from the crazy parties and extremely loud systems from people's cars that has really triggered off the problem. plus people were geting hurt at the parties which cops at first couldn't do anything until there was a complaint or someone called for an injury. which stinks because that has nothing to do with us riding, but if thats how it goes than, :bang: :bang:

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
With the permission to ride on your neighbor's 400 acres you should be able to keep a pretty low profile, thats a lot of room to play! and be far enough away not to be a problem. Think about the track you are putting on your property - is it going to be a possible issue with other neighbors, would your neighbor with the 400 let you bring the excavator over there?

I couldn't ride a big bore bike around my place without gettting the neighbor's up in arms, charging over with pitchforks and torches, so I am thinking about a mini track instead, if I can keep the noise to about chainsaw level should be ok, anyway, good luck -- respect your neighbor, might not like 'em but ya gotta put up with 'em, sorta like inlaws

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom