wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
OK, who wants to get together for a ride Memorial Day weekend?

Locust Stake OHV, TNT SC, Monster Mountain AL????

Gomer, Ivan, Shin Ichi, Zag, SpokerAce, Trljunkie, Thunder & Lightning, Lemming, Julius P ?????

wrench

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Aonia sounds cool, but i may be going to Indy.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Some INFO on some of the places possible

Locust Stake is an OHV/ORV (bikes/ATV the trails run both directions)
Town Creek OHV/ORV Bikes/ATV, two 8 mile loops. "A" loop is for intermediate/expert (no ATV's), "B" loop is novice/intermediate/ATV's)
Aonia Pass is MX (they only open the trails for special events) great MX track when prepped.
Off Road Ranch is MX/SX
Lanier MX Club (I have been told that the new ownership has changed the layout from a SX only to suit more skill levels)
TNT is Trails/MX/Kid's track, (probably the best "kept" trails in the country)
Monster Mountain is MX/GP style tracks/Trails

There are many other OHV/ORV sites in the N/NE GA region.

wrench

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I say TNT, they have done alot to the track since the last time I was there. I gotta teach Ivan how to do the whoops.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I wish I could join you guys, but I gotta have a new crank...sigh...I would take Locust Stake over Town Creek any day, Town Creek has the most brutal roots of anyplace I have ever ridden. If you guys like big hill climbs, you should check out the area near the Cartersville power plant. 200 yard high hills, endless miles of them.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Huston (Houston?) Valley

I rode there with Lemming and KDXFile and a couple of Jawja guys last year. It was a pretty cool spot. It's NW Georgia tho, so it may not be geographically suitable for you Easterners. Can't remember if they allow camping either.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Can't make this one guys, our club's enduro is on Sunday. I need my work points so I'll be there all weekend. On a good note, I won my class at the Loggy Bottom Enduro on Sunday with a score of 16:cool: That's 2 for 2, who's your DADDY NOW:eek:

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Let's get the place picked ...

Ok guys/gals, we need to decide on a location and Day/time.

My vote is for Locust Stake OHV on Saturday. That's right ... you heard me ... Saturday. My boss is going to let me off to go ride! You gotta love this guy.

So how about it? Truespode? Gomer? JP? Lighting21? ShinIchi? Zag? anyone else .. TN, SC, AL?

Locust Stake is located in Clarkesvill?Taccoa GA. About 2.5-3 hrs. from Spartanburg SC
2-2.5(?) from Chattanooga
1-2 from the N/S Metro Atlanta
3-4 from B'ham

Well let's have some FEEDBACK!!! :eek:

wrench

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Sorry on this one.

I am obliged to be in the Redneck Riviera for the weekend.:scream:
I hope nothing rubs off!

Y'all have a good ride, maybe next time for me.
Maybe I'll shoot one of those beach-girl videos for ya.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Looks like I'm out...

Natalie has the weekend off, so we'll probably pile into the Natmobile and go to Indy. Or the beach. Or the lake.

Some of the CART guys are driving at Tony's place, so it might be worth the drive. Maybe Andretti can whine his way to a looong overdue win at the Yard O' Bricks....

biker

Sep 22, 2000
Wrench,
I would like to make it, but I'm headed up to the High Point national this weekend and some riding in PA the following week. Maybe we can do another Sunday ride later in June. Another place to ride that I never hear mentioned is Oakley Mountain, beside lake Burton. It's about a 7 or 8 mile 2-way trail, with some other trails leading off it. If you like hilly, nasty, and rocky terrain, this is the place. It's never been crowded when I've gone.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Good luck Biker. Get in touch with me anytime to ride.

Gomer/Truespud, get in touch with me about TNT on Monday.

wrench

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
My plans keep changing...ugghhh

It's looking like I may be working in the morning on Saturday.:(

Dunno what that will do to my arrival time at Locust Stake. It could put me too close to the swarm of ATVers that tend to clog that place up....

I'll know more tomorrow afternoon.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Hey Gomer,
Are you and Ivan going to be at TNT on Sunday or Monday? I was thinking about making the trip out there.

wrench

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I hate being the Senior Tech....

Looks like my butt will be in the office for part of the morning Saturday. Not sure how long. I'm going to try and get the bike loaded before coming in so I can take off from here.

So, my attendence is iffy at best.

Thanks for the offer Gomer, but I gotta stick to GA. I have to be in Greensboro, GA on Sunday morning. Just doesn't fit the schedule. However, I'll make plenty of moto sounds while I'm on the golf course Sunday.

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Ok, here's the skinny.
I will be at Locust Stake OHV around 10:00am on Saturday May 26.

I will also be looking for other riding opportunities for the rest of the weekend.
I am also planning on being at TNT Motorsports in Chester SC on Monday morning, I hear that htere may be a chance to encounter the elusive High Lord Gomer and his Tribble .. Truespode there.

wrench

Top Bottom