Josh Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Yamaha, 6-9
Billy Laninovich, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 8-10
Billy Ainsworth, Columbia, Conn., Kawasaki, 12-11
Robert Kiniry, La Fayette, N.Y., Kawasaki, 11-13

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
and there's my boy Dowd keepin' his number 16 with a 7th place.

not bad for an endurocrosser

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I sure wish Doug Henry could have been there, as well. I heard that he was on the minds of plenty in attendance; special Troy Lee limited edition helmet, etc. :(

My hat is off to R.C.! :boss: :worship:

Now please, Roger DeCoster, ruin Bubble's season by offering Ricky whatever $$ it takes ($2M + ??) to stay and finish out the season! :p

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I would LOVE it if RC rides the whole season and wins every national!

Looks like Townley and RV will be battling all season for the Lites title.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Ricky has 147 National wins (MX and SX) now. He'll have to win the last 3 races he enters to get to his goal of 150. It's going to be tough. Stewart is going to be better on the hard-pack tracks, and I expect him to win an overall against RC this year. So maybe RC will add a race or two to his schedule to get to 150? I doubt he'll do the whole season.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
RC will not do any more races than he has commited to.
How about GL staying with JS in the second moto? I never would have guessed that one! It makes me almost want to rethink my opinoins of GL.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
But we can always HOPE, right? :nod:

Think of what it would be worth, publicity-wise, to Suzuki, & all of his sponsors, if he would reconsider.... Especially now that the Nascar media is ALSO paying some attention to him.

Money talks, right? And Ricky may well need lots of dough to help finance his car racing career. Just ask Jeff Ward, Eddie Lawson, and others, that have tried to make the switch!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
As much as we would all (or at least most of us) like to see RC stick around, let's not forget that he is also committed to running a set number of car races this year. Continuing in MX longer than he has already planned would probably be in direct conflict with his future plans and other contractual obligations. What would it say about him if he went back on his promises to the MB2 team so he could ride more MX? He has sponsors there to consider now as well. I don't think that's the kind of man he is. I do believe that there are a couple of sponsors (Monster for instance) that are following him over.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
RC really seems to have JBS's number this year outdoors... It is sad that he isn't going to do a full season this year... I'll be happy to see JBS win his first mx national championship this year, but it will be considered a win by default if RC pulls out early...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
RC really seems to have JBS's number this year outdoors...
Positive? Who does JBS HAVE to beat to win the title? Remember a couple years ago when RC did the same thing with Reed? What did he lose to Reed, 6 in a row? Who knows, maybe JS can't (suddenly) run with RC, or, he's actually smart enough to avoid hanging it out and risking the title for no reason other than ego? Just a thought.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Positive? Who does JBS HAVE to beat to win the title? Remember a couple years ago when RC did the same thing with Reed? What did he lose to Reed, 6 in a row? Who knows, maybe JS can't (suddenly) run with RC, or, he's actually smart enough to avoid hanging it out and risking the title for no reason other than ego? Just a thought.
As much as JS would love to win every one this year I think Okie may very well be correct. Once RC is finished JS has a pretty clear track ahead of him as long as he stays smart. He may occasionally get challenged but why risk it now.
BTW RC has 4 races left I believe- He said he was doing the first 6 and then Millville so he could drop one and still finish with 150 wins

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
He's doing the first 5 plus Millville, for six total. Then he's running the MXdN in September, where I'll be watching.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
2005 MX - RC smokes JBS. But JBS was on a two stroke, so it didn't really count.

2006 MX - RC smokes JBS. But it was JBS first year on a 450, so it didn't really count.

2007 MX - RC smokes JBS. But it doesn't count because JBS is in championship protection mode.

Let's compare to RC's first three years in the MX class:

2000 - Championship
2001 - Championship
2002 - Championship (his first of two perfect seasons)

Looks to me like RC is just flat out better at MX than Bubba.

justice29

May 5, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
2005 MX - RC smokes JBS. But JBS was on a two stroke, so it didn't really count.

2006 MX - RC smokes JBS. But it was JBS first year on a 450, so it didn't really count.

2007 MX - RC smokes JBS. But it doesn't count because JBS is in championship protection mode.

Let's compare to RC's first three years in the MX class:

2000 - Championship
2001 - Championship
2002 - Championship (his first of two perfect seasons)

Looks to me like RC is just flat out better at MX than Bubba.

Exactly, there is NO DOUBT that RC is simply faster than JBS in MX. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER to any objective person.

It will be so great to see him retire on top, and hopefully win every overall that he competes in this year.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
At one of the first two races, Speed did a mini-interview with Ricky........."So, these will be your last five Nationals?"........Ricky lost eye contact with the camera and said, "yes, the last Nationals I will ever do."...........something tells me he's got an "if" going on in his head. 150 wins must be a big goal for him, and he HAS to be frustrated that Stewart isn't making it more of a challenge. Wonder what it's like to "wish" someone could push you....consistently. Mr. Carmichael's just plain bad to the bone, period. I grew up in an era that was all about Decoster......that's all changed now. Glad I'll have storys for the grandkids.

Top Bottom