fire escape

Jan 29, 2001
Florida Trail Riders will require me to install a spark arrestor on my scoot to race next year.I'm perfectly happy with my YZ's power and was not planning on an exhaust purchase.Which one should I get? Can I use my stock head pipe and just buy the can? I've heard the power gains can be worth the bucks-should I feel lucky to have the excuse and get a whole system? The bike is used for Hares, Moto and fun riding-I would prefer enhancement on bottom to mid. Will I have to rejet? I know this is an old subject but the magazine tests are Moto oriented and not much help-Anyone have a Pro Circuit T-4? Which end cap? How about the FMF? Are they really THAT loud? THANKS!!!!!!!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Sparky

How is it going,
First let me say how cool it is to see a fellow FTR guy on here.
I have a 250F also and I just put a White Bros E Series on mine ( tail section only ) and so far the performance is great. I went with the E series because it was the cheapest that I could get in a hurry. You see here in Socal you need a sparky to do any offroad riding and I decided to race a enduro at the spur of the moment and my local Yamaha shop had one.
I had a full race pipe (both header and tail section) on my bike before I put the E series pipe and to be honest I can hardly tell the difference. In fact the E series might have a little more bottom end.
How long have you been racing with FTR? I am originaly from Arcadia Fl. and I still come down and race a couple times a year, I have a spare bike that I leave with some friends down there. In fact I was there for the whole month of March. Did the bike week thing and all.
Buy the way I keep up with FTR buy there web site and have been following this spark arrester thing on there BB. I think its about time that they require them, espessically since you guys have been in a drought for so many years.

later
mxbundy

Top Bottom