julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
eagles22793 said:
I have a 97 KDX220R and I use a NGK BR8ES in it but I read to use a B8ES. Does anyone know what the best plug I should use for my bike?

Br8es. The only difference is the presence of a resistor in the r plug for the purpose of reducing electronic interference. Either plug will work just fine in your bike.

fusion

Jan 25, 2009
Like Julien said "you can use either plug"..... But IMO you should get some BR8EIX that's a platinum plug and it will out last that BR8ES and have stronger spark.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I don't much buy into platinum, iridium, or any other plug with a small wire electrode for 2 strokes. They foul much too easily. Sure they spark better when they're new, but they're expensive and don't last. Same deal in a car/truck. If the vehicle burns the slightest amount of oil those high end high dollar plugs will be ruined in no time. Plenty of people feel differently though, and perhaps those high end plugs work well for them. I stick to what works for me, and that's plain old NGK bres's.

J.

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
NGK's are great plugs.
We run the competition series B8EG .
This plug has a super thick threaded shank
and dissipates heat better.

Resistor or no-resistor , you won't see any difference.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
The only advantage of a precious-metal electrode is that they don't erode as quickly as the standard nickel electrodes. They produce the same spark if the gap is the same and don't reduce fouling any more than a standard plug.
They do last longer in four-stroke engines but you probably won't see any advantage in a two-stroke.
j_d is right about the "R" plugs.

G31m

fusion

Jan 25, 2009
The whole stronger spark thing is just what i read on NGK's site, and i have had better luck with the BREIX plugs they will usually last twice as long as the bres plugs and cost three times as much but the less i have to stop and change the plug the more riding i can do in one day so it is worth the 2$ loss to me.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
BR8ES is the stock plug. BR8EG is an upgrade from that. BR8EIX is an upgrade from that. if you haven't got your jetting well suited, don't waste the money on the higher cost plugs. Shop at an auto parts store for the NGK plugs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom