Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I admit it.. I've been a Cowboy fan since '72. Sue me.

But I've got to ask... even though they've come a long way in a year.. (Parcells is awesome) isn't it painful to watch? I've seen 4 games this year, can't say rather they won them or not, but DAYUM, it's HARD to watch a Cowboy game.

Quincy Jones needs to be pumping gas somewhere, sorry. He's a reciver or something, playing QB. There is no leader. There is no general. I suppose after 3 years of 5-11, I should be thankful for making the playoffs. But it's hard to watch. They should have done another 5-11 and got a decent pick at QB.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okie I have the same problem as a Packer fan. Football has just gotten way out of hand with all the showoff stuff. I find it hard to sit and watch a bunch of guys making a mockery of the game. Get real- So you finally sack the quarterback and do your little dance routine (forget that you are down by 20 points or so) Or the look at me I caught a pass and just happened to find my way to fall into the endzone so I'll pretend to be the main show.
What happened to football players doing their job with dignity.
Sorry if I sound like an old fuddydutty (Iam one after all) but I like the old smash mouth football better

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
With all due respect Mr. Okiewan sir, the Cowboys? Where's that vomit icon when you need it? :p

I've got ya beat though. I'm a Redskins fan (on sabbitcal). Things were good with Cook Sr. and even Cook Jr. But when Jr sold the team and Spurrier got the job, I couldn't watch it anymore. How gay is it to have college uniforms in the NFL? I would rather have kept Shottenheimer and had 3-13 seasons than Spurrier.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a cowboy fan here too. how boring is it when your qb can only throw four yard passes? and then it's still 50/50 on whether it gets within three yards of the receiver. i heard the other day that carter is the only qb in the playoffs with more interceptions than touchdowns. hopefully, the quincy carter experiment is over. i'd like to see them pick up cory dillon too.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
They need a playoff system. ;) :laugh:

Quincy was the same way at Georgia. He's a really nice guy,BUT he is real inconsistent,and often makes very poor decisions on the field.

It looks like Jason Whitten is working out pretty good.I know we sure could've used him back for his Senior year.

Last edited:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Cowboy fan here too. Been one since Bart Starr snuck across the goal line at the end of the Ice Bowl in 67. Sister was rooting for the Green Bean Pickers the whole game. :debil:

Two things. Cowboys need a QB. Cowboys need a running back.

The one sure thing is that "the Tuna" will get rid of any player who he feels will not/has not performed up to his standards. His standards are quite high too.

Mully

PS: Yesterday we needed Roger, Walt, Chuck, Lee Roy and the boys from back in the day.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm guess oldguy was watching the Tennesee/Baltimore game?

Ray Lewis may be a great LB, but I CAN'T STAND HIS SHOW-OFF, BIG MOUTH BS. He looks like a moron stomping around out there. And how about stealing the end-zone crowd-jump from the Packers? The one guy intercepted a ball, DIDN'T make it to the end zone, but still jumped into the end zone crowd. Baltimore looked like a bunch of idots with their celebrations. I was PUMPED to see a 44 year-old kicker send them home. :aj:

Tom Landry had the right idea... if you celebrate a good play, it looks like you don't EXPECT to make a good play.

Cowboys? I was hoping they might win at least one game in the play-off, but didn't expect it.

So that leaves me rooting for the Broncos, or the ... uhhh...uhhhh Packers. (shhh...don't tell my Illinois crew I said that)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
So that leaves me rooting for the Broncos, or the ... uhhh...uhhhh Packers. (shhh...don't tell my Illinois crew I said that)

:eek: I don't believe my eyes. How can you say that? :flame:

(You know, you could cheer for the Seachickens. :confused: )

Showmanship has definitely gotten out of hand in the NFL. Guys packing sharpies in their shoes, disrespecting the Dallas Star, leaving cell phones on the field... premeditated celebration does not belong in football. It seems that some of these guys have the football field confused with the ghettos they grew up in. :silly:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
remember when they celebrated by giving a high-five to their teamates? now they run away from the team, so the camera is on them alone.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
premeditated celebration does not belong in football. It seems that some of these guys have the football field confused with the ghettos they grew up in. :silly: [/B]

Agreed!

Have you heard any news on who (or what position)the Raiders will take? It looks like they need a QB,unless they think T Martin will develope into something. :scream:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
The Raiders have a great QB in Marques Tuiasosopo (unless Callahan drops him too). At this point I am unimpressed with him as head coach. After listening to what Tim Brown said before the Green Bay game, I'm guessing that Callahan probably tanked the season on purpose to get a better draft position. He voiced to his veterans (the older ones) that he didn't want to keep them. Great way to motivate your team. :debil: They should have kept Coach Chucky. :|

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by dirty~d~

It seems that some of these guys have the football field confused with the ghettos they grew up in. :silly:

GHETTOS?! That might get the :uh: statement of the month. This ain't NBA, where the recruiters scour the ranks for the high school prospect w/ the most "street cred". Most NFL players are college educated...albeit educated used loosely, that may have had meager beginnings, but not thugs either. My football days never went very far, but I take exception to the assumption that the players came from ghettos.

BTW, I totally agree w/ the excessive celebrations being hard to watch.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Sorry CR, but you've misunderstood me. You assume that my statement was derogatory towards football players or their roots. It was a tongue in cheek reference to the mentality of these clowns who think that this 'showmanship' they hold so dearly to is acceptable behavior. Football has been a passion of mine since I was old enough to walk and this disrespectful behavior that seems to be becoming the norm disgusts me.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Denver forgot to show up. Indy is looking tough, Dallas bit the weenie, it'll be Indy and St. Louis, yuck!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by dirty~d~
The Raiders have a great QB in Marques Tuiasosopo (unless Callahan drops him too). :|
Al Davis fired Callahan a few days ago..Supposedly Denny Green has been interviewed..

I do think the "celebrations" have gotten out of hand, but, i think it's all about ratings for the NFL.. My $.02's worth..
Rick

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
St. Louis? Pfft! St. Louis ain't got nothin for the Panthers next week. After stomping the Cowboys defense they shouldn't have a problem giving the Rams their first loss at home.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
or the ... uhhh...uhhhh Packers. (shhh...don't tell my Illinois crew I said that)

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Kevin

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
It will be the Patriots and the Rams in the big one. And Bill will out coach March again. PS I hate Ray Lewis and the Ravens and that stupid looking dance, anybody see Eddie G. put him on his back with a stiff arm, that was great.

mkdirt

Dec 24, 2003
Pack's going to stomp Philly in their own house this weekend!!! I have been bitchin' about the whole celebration thing for a couple of years now. It seems a little out of place, players are paid for the job they do and they are paid evenmore when they can consistantly make good plays, it is their jobs to do this. I can't remember the last time I seen a co-worker run around the office yelling and screeming and doing the sprinkler because they made an big sale or got a job done ahead of time! On top of that I think alot of pro-athletes are getting paid way to much for the game. I mean come on, Here we'll give you a 2.5 million check each year, plus we'll give ya another mill fror signing and then we'll go ahead and give you 25 thou for each playoff, and 10 grand for each touchdown you score and all you have to do is show up for practice, bitch alot about getting the ball and how no one is helping.... What's everyone think about the Keshawn Johnson deal.......GO CHUCKY!!! Along those lines, anyone watch how Moss plays??? If he knows the balls not coming to him he pretty much just walks his route!

Carp824

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2002
Joe Gibbs is coming back.

From CNN: In a stunning move, Joe Gibbs will return as head coach of the Washington Redskins, a team he led to three Super Bowl titles.

Gibbs agreed to a five-year contract, he announced on his NASCAR racing team's Web site Wednesday.

"The desire to coach has always been with me, even after being away from the game for 11 years," Gibbs said.

Top Bottom