Special DRN night at Badlands MX Park!

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
After reviewing the feedback from the other post here is what Russ and I came up with. We will offer special DRN 1/2 price practices a couple of time thoughout the year. The first is schedued for Friday, August 17th from 6-10pm.

the Rules:
All DRN members and riding guests will get in for only $5! However, you must rsvp to get the discount. You can RSVP up until noon on the practice day via this thread or direct email.

[[sarcastic mode on]]
Directions (exclusively for Thump and twinny who seem to need additional help):

To RSVP your guests, just type your name plus the number of guest you want to bring...

For example: "thump plus 2"
[[sarcastic mode off]]

I have to require the RSVP in order to keep non DRN members from taking advantage of us. We will provide a fully prepped and watered track, flagging staff and medical staff that night. This has a certain financial "break even" point which we hope to meet!

I look forward to meeting our new members and visiting with the "old farts"!

Ms. B

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Just one question. Is the track going to be closed to the general public? Is it only going to be DRN and their guest? Okay that was two questions. If so, that'll be great.

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
No, the track will be open to the public that night also. That is the reason for the RSVP... to be able to single out the DRNers that night and provide the discount to the right people.:)

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
We will organize the practice by bike size if necessary. Our turnouts have been large enough to require organizing by bike size. We usually break it up into the following groups: 50/65cc, 80cc, big bike beginner, big bike advanced and quad. We combine what we can to ensure that riders get alot of track time.

Track safety is a major issue with me. That is why we have flaggers at every practice. Organized practice is another safety feature which I feel is justified when you have riders with different skill levels and bike sizes.:)

KDX Racer

May 11, 2001
DRN Night

The Luttrull family will be there all 4 of us. Thanks to Badlands for the DRN Night. Not many tracks give a break to riders, thanks again.

Johnny

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
There is a pretty good chance that I'm in. I'll post when I can nail it down.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If I'm back in town, I'm there!

Danielle,
count me in if possible. Slo' Mo + 1 (No_Mo)
looking forward to it.
Thanks,
Hal
:)

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
If the squid isn't playing in the Plano Premier qualifying tourney, I'll be there to spectate and socialize. The wounded right wing has me "off seat" for awhile.

What's the fee for spectating?

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
spectators FREE!

No fee for spectators! We would enjoy socializing with any DRNers who are not into the MX scene, but just love riding.:D

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Sounds bueno.

I'm not watching because I don't do MX, I'm watching while I heal from the last MX related surgery :eek:

To crash is human, to recover takes therapy!

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
Race Night Discounts...

If you are interested in trying to get a DRN race night discount, let me know, I will figure something out if we have a good response!

Sorry TXVintage...I hope you heal quickly!

Ms. B:)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I'm out. I have a meeting that will run late enough to throw me into the traffic snarl and not allow enough time to get out there before 8:30.

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
I'm toast. The Squid has to be in Arlington for a game.

I'm still trying to figure out how two Dallas area tems came to be playing in Arlinton on Friday evening??????????????

What can you do, it's a Squid thing!

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
RAIN RAIN RAIN

Due to the weather, please call the track phone before you come out. We will update the message by 3pm.

972-742-2228

thanks!

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
Practice cancelled

Its 11:40am and I just heard from Russ. He is at the track and practice has definitely been rained out. Yes, we desperately need to fill the ponds up, so this rainout is bittersweet...I am sad because we'll have to reschedule the DRN night, but Happy :) because the ponds will get some much needed rain.

We will have to reschedule the DRN night for September.

thanks,
Ms. B:):(

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Mrs. B,
you know when we get back fro DW01 we will all be pumped. Any chance of getting a special day/night at the Badlands for DRN members? Something akin the the Mini-SF last year?

Top Bottom