Specific Jetting for Dallas Area and Temperatures

DCHammer

Jan 22, 2006
I've searched but can't find the specifics to get a starting point.

I fully realize that jetting is a bit of artistry and science but thought with some specific details and other user experience, I should be able to get the settings right from the get-go and tune from there.

Stock engine.
Stock airbox (although suggested jetting for modded box lid wouldn't hurt, may make a frisbee for myself.)
Gnarly Pipe
FMF Series 2 silencer.
Dallas area. <1000ft elevation.
Temps: 75-100 degrees. Typically 75-85.
Humidity: 50-60%

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Every bike, and rider is different, even in the same riding conditions. The best you can hope is to get jetting recommendations that are close. You are very unlikely to get jetting specs that are exactly perfect. Jetting a bike requires a methodical procedure, and the ability to observe how the bike is responding to changes. This is partly science, very little artistry. You're better off to jet the bike correctly yourself, than to try and find someone to tell you what to stuff in the carb. This link may help

Jetting Link

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Assuming you have a KDX200 and not a KDX220 with usual mods including an aftermarket pipe, start with stock needle with the clip in the second to top, 42 primary and a 155 main and you will be close. You can fine tune from there. Good luck John Harris

DCHammer

Jan 22, 2006
Thanks John. I decided last night to try and make some adjustments and see what happened.
There was a 48 pilot and we dropped to 42 only because my buddy didn't have a spare 45, it was in his carb.
The stock 160 main seems to be fine at this point so I didn't change that.
I also dropped the needle one position and it's now at the second from the top position.
So I'm almost bang on what you've suggested and it's better than it was.

I'm going to pick up a 45 pilot and go back up one size. It seems just a little lean coming up off idle.

Top Bottom