Speed in High Def!

B

biglou

I just found out I had Speed in HD about a week ago. Had I known, I'd have recorded The Motocross Files in HD! Oh well, SX (and then hopefully MX) in HD! :yeehaw:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
GET THE F OUT!

Wonder why it's not on my TV yet.. That sucks.

What channel is it on yours???

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Channel 237, Maybe it was Wednesday. If in doubt, give them a call, a little snivl'in got me a year of all movie and sports channels, ripp'in internet and phone for 150.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Dang, Time Warner still doesn't have it! :yell:

I gotta call and schedule service on my POS tv today, maybe I'll call the cable company and ruffle thier feathers too.

B

biglou

I've got TW and we've have Speed forever, but not in HD until just a few days ago. Now, NFL network we don't have. Some petty sniveling involved with that between TW and the NFLN powers that be...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
They told us there's some new channels coming out soon, hopefully that's one!

B

biglou

And thankfully, they've been numbering the HD channels the same as the standard channels +1000. Prior to that, there was no real order to the HD channels or how they related to their SD counterparts. ESPN is 33, ESPNHD was 1497. Now it's 1033, etc.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Between the dvr, and the new hdtv, I will miss nothing! Come on pan shot (from behind)of the 30 second girl!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007

That would be nice. I guess you guys the upgrades before us. They just grouped ours by category. The HD tier is still all sorts of random and stuck at the top of the line-up.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Between the dvr, and the new hdtv, I will miss nothing! Come on pan shot (from behind)of the 30 second girl!
The DVR is the best thing since sliced bread, especially when you have a couple 3y/o's in the house. I get to watch TV after 8pm, once the boys are sleepin', lol.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Delay watching a program 10-15 minutes, and no commercials, priceless. And the freeze, zoom on the tv is cool!

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Didn't directv have this a long time ago? I am pretty sure it's been in HD (most of the old content is upscaled SD) for quite some time now, at least with directv.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
DOH! Just found out we do have Speed HD here.. It's on 223 in Indy on Comcast.. My dad told me he noticed it earlier this week.

WHOOT!

B

biglou

HD is kinda frightening the first time you see it, isn't it? And there is just no better way to watch football or baseball than in HD with surround sound. Sometimes I switch back and forth between the SD and HD channels and am amazed at the difference.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Once you get to the correct view mode. Some do like the dynamic, game, movie and on and on. And fiddling with the user mode? My son showed me how to check and adjust the cable box to get max resolution from the box, remap it?

B

biglou

Oh, mine is set up fine. It's just that the HD is so, well, High Def! "More human than human" is how the sports reporters look. Kinda scary, lol!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Do you guys get Dicovery HD Theater? That's the best quality HD I've seen. Lou, do have a LCD or Plasma?

B

biglou

I've got a 61" Samsung DLP. ($1650 (now) at Sam's club, including stand).

We had far fewer HD channels a year ago when I got my TV. We had the Discovery HD Theater but not regular Discovery. That has swapped now. But yeah, any of the nature shows are almost breathtaking. NatGeo is a good one for those type shows. The wide panoramic shots and cityscapes impress me more than the detail on people (which is a bad thing sometimes!).

Some of the latest big movies on Blu-Ray (PS# :) ) are also incredible. The Hong Kong and any Chicago sequences in Dark Knight, Transformers, Iron Man, etc. It really is amazing.

I sure hope I can afford to upgrade to the holodeck when those come out, lol!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The ps3 looks pretty good also! The sporting events, the background is so alive, you can clearly see the crowds faces, each blade of grass. In the dynamic mode, it makes my photo lens glasses darken up?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I haven't see Blu-Ray yet. :( How's the motion on the DLP Lou? My in-laws have a Sony LCD and we have Philips plasma. The LCD has a bit sharper picture, but there's a bit of motion blur. The plasma is a bit more brilliant as far as color and motion is very smooth, but it's a glass screen and has some glare. Ours is in the living room with a huge picture window so when we bought ours ('05) we went plasma over DLP for the brightness. LCD's were crazy expensive in the size we got.

Lou said:
Oh, mine is set up fine. It's just that the HD is so, well, High Def! "More human than human" is how the sports reporters look. Kinda scary, lol!

It IS wierd seeing someone larger than life with such clarity.

The Christmas shows with all the lights are amazing!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…