&%$# SpeedChannel

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If I had to choose between Speedway GP or AX, I'd have to choose Speedway. I like AX, but Speedway is cooler.

Besides, Outdoor Life Network (OLN) is showing all the AX and Freestyle events.

Speed Channel ROCKS! :moon:

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
Yeah no kidding. I'll probably get shot for this but I think supercross is boring. All they do is jump and do sharp turns. In motocross the track changes conditions, they climb hills, and it's just a lot more fun to watch. FLAME ON.

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
Speedway Rocks!!
Some times it can get a little "slow" but things can change fast!! Plus if you know the characters it's more interesting. I saw a race last year that has to be one of the all time great motorsport races ever. Truly insane stuff when they are all charging!!

B

biglou

Outdoor MX is where it's at. :thumb: I love watching the Canadian MX. Speedway is cool, too. I'm also diggin' the Dakkar Rally reports each day. Speed Channel is my default channel on the satellite!

CylinderStay

May 18, 2001
Looks like I've been missing some good MX action. I didn't know the Canadian MX was being shown. I wish my cable company had OLN...

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by CylinderStay
Looks like I've been missing some good MX action. I didn't know the Canadian MX was being shown. I wish my cable company had OLN...

OLN also showed the GNCC Hare scrambles this year - they were great! One of my friends, Dave Rieff, does the voice overs - I hope they continue the coverage this year..

Watched the Canadian MX last night (rd 6 I think) - it was a blast - I got tiered just watching those guys in the 250 Motos..

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I don't mind watching a little flat track now and then, BUUUT how much of that Rally racing do I have to watch? The Rally stuff was cool at first, but I've seen enough of it now to last me for a few lifetimes. Cripes, you get 23 hrs of Rally cars for every 1 hr of bikes. :(

When Dish comes up with an all Dirtbikes all the time channel, then I'm there. :)

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
flat track bites give me AX! soon as the canadian mx was over and that came on I changed the channel, that track looked hella fun on the canadian mx. I find flat track boring to watch I'd rather watch SX flat track just reminds me of the guys on harleys whooptie or like nascar yay! (where's my pillow!)

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Speedway GP is ok by me, be glad we even have that!! For a while it was Rally, Road racing bikes, or Nascar EVERY time you turned on the TV. I'll take any combination of dirt and motorcycles. Just keep Michael Waltrip and friends off of my TV and I'll be fine.
I just about put my foot through the TV the week after Nascar was over. I turned on Speed(vision)channel on a monday, and there he is saying, "Just because the season is over, you thought you'd get rid of us huh?". Oh, noooo!! :silly: I started winding up for a good kick through the screen, but I was stopped by a threat of great bodily harm from my wife. I've learned not to trun on the TV on Monday, or Wednesday.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Speed Channel ROCKS!
Euro Speedway is waaaay cooler than AX!

In all Speed Channel ROCKS! :)

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
The full Day of Rally Racing was GREAT! Now if we can get them to do MX, SX, AX, GNCC, WORCs, etc....... you know anything with two wheels and DIRT, + Rally Racing the ultimate 4 wheeled enduro. :thumb:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The Dakar and World Rally Championship coverage is a temporary thing. Dakar is an annual event that's worth watching.

Have you guys forgotten the Daytona SX broadcast that Speed did last year? They gave us three or four HOURS of coverage from Daytona.

Don't even bag on Speed. Can you remember what life was like before they were here?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I just wish they'd show more of it, I'm not baggin on speed in fact I'd like speed to take over showing the supercross and mx nationals and drop kick espn. I'd also think it be kewl if someone would show like the mini o's or loretta's lynn that would be really kewl.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by mhardee

OLN also showed the GNCC Hare scrambles this year - they were great! One of my friends, Dave Rieff, does the voice overs - I hope they continue the coverage this year.. 

You know Dave Rieff?  Isn't he the host of Motoworld too?  I saw him last year in the Atlanta airport.  He was going into the Delta Crown room and I was just leaving it.  I looked at him and recognized him, but I wasn't sure why.  I was halfway down the concourse before it hit me that he was the motoworld guy.

Does he ride dirt bikes?

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by Timr

You know Dave Rieff?  Isn't he the host of Motoworld too?  I saw him last year in the Atlanta airport.  He was going into the Delta Crown room and I was just leaving it.  I looked at him and recognized him, but I wasn't sure why.  I was halfway down the concourse before it hit me that he was the motoworld guy.

Does he ride dirt bikes?

Yea, I first met him in Tampa Florida for "The King of the 360's" race. The guy I went with (and ride with), Jason Sides (a former National MX winner), won the race. Dave and Doug Auld hung out with us after the race and "partied a bit"..

I see Dave and Doug here in Memphis occasionally and in Knoxville Iowa at another race..

Yes he is the host of Motoworld..

Dave will kill me for this, but what the hell - it's for hoots... a few of the pics I have (Dave's the one with the red circle in our group shot from the Knoxville Nationals this year)

Attachments

• dave.jpg
    dave.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 197

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I would love speed if they would show more chainsaw competitions. Maybe pool. How about the strongman competitions???

Honestly, would anyone even admit to watching the chainsaw cutting challenge???

Speed is 100% better than espn!!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Two Wheels Tuesdays !!!!!!!!!!!, I love speedchannel On Any Tuesday, it use to be better before the nascar stuff though, but I adapted

Last edited:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
You should all be thankful that you atleast have speedchannel, let alone cable. I'm stuck with good 'ol antenna on roof and 8 channels. Luckly my neighbors let me watch their cable on tuesdays and when there are scheduled races, such as anahiem.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Man, If you could get a conscious person at ESPN to read some of these maybe they would get it right. Hey they finally got rid of Art! I think that eventually Speed will get SX & MX and it will be one fine day.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom