rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Just started taking a SPIN class at my gym, great cardio if you dont enjoy jogging..
Rick

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I just ordered a stationary bike to ride at home during the winter, when I can't ride outdoors. Those spining classes look pretty intense.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
They are very intense, feels good though when done.. I need too find a heart rate monitor, just curious where im at.. What kind of bike did you get??
Rick

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I ordered a Linex X588, unfortunitly it is a recumbent, but that is all that my wife would ride and it is more hers than mine.

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
The cool thing about Spin classes is that you can go at your own pace if the class is kicking your ass (which it always is in my case). Contrast that with aerobics or step where you pretty much have to stay in line with the entire class.

And a HRM is a good idea. I have had a Polar A3 (one of the cheapie models)for a few months now and it really does help give some unbiased feedback on how hard you are pushing yourself.

speedyts49

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2002
Originally posted by Erick82
I ordered a Linex X588, unfortunitly it is a recumbent, but that is all that my wife would ride and it is more hers than mine.

The good thing about recumbants to me are they are easy on your back and in my case I can catch up on my reading while getting a workout. I do this three times a week at the local Ymca after my upper body workouts.
Those spinning bikes are set up like a road (racing) bike and are also a great workout although I tend to go beyond my areobic heart rate when there is a whole class spinnig away.
tom

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Erick,
I used too ride that style of bike, very good cardio.. It definately helps out w/riding the dirtbikes.. When me and the kid are in the spin class, we make comments like "This is where we would of stopped and rested" etc.. :thumb:
Good luck w/your results..
Rick

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Since starting SPIN class, im able too ride fast longer, my endurance has gone up, now im gonna start going 4 times a week.. Hows it going on your new Linex Erick??
Rick

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
It is going great, I am riding about three times a week for 20 minutes after I lift. I have lost 5 pounds recently, which is amazing during the hollidays. I really like the bike to, I hope it will translate into riding results this spring.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Used to do rollers on the mtn bike while watching tv, really helped with balance too. Glad to see this post, the rollers are coming into the house tonite!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Erick,
For me the riding the stationary has helped ALOT, hope you notice the difference when you get back too your bike.. Whats really noticeable is my hands don't cramp up quite as bad either.. I gues the increase in blood flow or something..

Joe,
I will have too look for some rollers, sound interesting..
Rick

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
Rick,

I am thinking about also doing some indoor BMX for something to do this winter, actaully if I can get ahold of this guy I will be at practice tonight and race on Staurday. Anyways I read in anothr post you had or raced BMX, any thoughts. I have a cheap cruiser, Freeagent something, but it sould be good enough to mess around on.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Eric,
I haven't raced any BMX, but i do have a RedLine24" cruiser that i ride around.. I would think BMX would help, definately would be fun.. One of the guys at work is into BMX, i'll ask him for some websites worth looking at..
Rick

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
First BMX race on Saturday went 1-1-1 in the 25-29 cruiser indoor, but there was only 6 people on cruisers and I had race a 8-year old so I am not really bragging. Very fun, great practice for starts/reaction times and turning/lines. Also it has been two days and my legs are still sore.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thats pretty cool, did you start on a hill?? Beating 6 people is good, even the 8 yr old :p Them kids HA!!

Tonight we did a standing 8 minute hill climb at about 50 minutes into my ride (i start pedalling about 10-15 minutes before the class starts) got my heart rate up too 153bpm :)

Top Bottom