xen

Apr 18, 2008
So I've split the case to replace the crank seals & bearings. When I split them the bearing didn't stay in the case but stayed on the crank. Wondering if that means the case is shot, I thought it took heat to get the bearings out of the case? Also whats the best method to get the bearing off the crank now?

nospeed

Jun 27, 2006
I am not an expert but I don't think that it is a problem. I seem to recall this happening to me as well and the bike ran fine what I put it back together.

You shouldn't need to remove the bearings. If you go with a Hot Rods crank it will come with the bearings. If you have someone rebuild the crank they will replace the bearings as well.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Loctite does make a stud and bearing lock, red If I remember. If it is REAL loose, it could be an issue. You could measure the bore and bearing. Some, are tighter on the crank, than the case.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Pull it off the crank. I'll bet you still can't push it into the case with your bare hand at room temperature. Mine does that sometimes. Interference fit in case and interference fit on crank, apparently.

Top Bottom