BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm putting the Spode Wash together this afternoon. The setup will have a 200 gallon tank on steel supports. The water will be gravity feed to the water heater and the shower stalls. What I need is a transfer pump. I will have a second tank in my truck. I will go into Stillwater and get water then will need to transfer the water into the other tank. I can puchase a 110v pump for $40. If someone has one and will be at DW all week could you bring it. The small 12v pumps would likely burn up from the use(low volume). I have $100.00 in this deal without the tanks. I will buy one tank and try to borrow or rent the other one. I will use the tank around my place when DW is over. Any help would be appreciated.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I have a 950gph 110v aquarium pump i can bring and will be there from monday to atleast saturday night/early sunday morning. It has a 3/4" FPT output.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
i could bring my pond pump. i use it to empty my hot tub. let me know, it's a sumerged style pump, around, 400gph, i think. 1/2 barbed hose outlet.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tree jumper that is what I'm looking for. We will be using a generator to heat the water so that will work nicely. We only need it to transfer water from one tank to the other. Does your pump auto prime?
If not, we can gravity feed from the first tank. These tanks have a 2" valve. I will see if I can come up with the necessary adaptors. What size pipe fittings will you need in and out? or does this have hoses?

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
we have a pump that we use to pump water out of the ditch to water our yard. I dunno the specs but it runs 2 garder hoses nicely. I dunno if we will have room to haul it, but if your desperate give me a holler.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey Brian,

Here is a link to the pump i have. Mag 9.5 It has a 3/4" FPT inlet and a 3/4" MPT outlet. It can be submerged and just have something connected to the output, or run in-line.

I'm trying to picture your setup. You just need a pump to transfer the water from the tank in your truck to the one already mounted on the rack, right? If so my pumps output and input already excepts a garden hose. So if i picture your setup right we just have to toss one end in the supply tank and the other end in the main tank. I have garden hoses i can bring. If that wont work i can figure out a way to use reducers to neck it from 2" to 3/4". I would just need to know what the end of the 2" valve is (MPT or FPT).

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If you bring the hoses with you that would be perfect. Cuts down on the things to buy. I'll snap a picture and email it to you in the next few days.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
^^^^^Ditto^^^^^

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Brian, my dad (Lonnie) is a plumbing contractor. We'll be there Monday. He can bring whatever fittings/pipe you need. He has some 110V high volume pumps with (I believe) 2"-3" suctions and discharges and hoses. I'll give him a call and see exactly what he has.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Brian, send me some details or pictures of the tanks. Dad says he has a 2 cycle pump with 1 1/2" hoses for suction and discharge. Depending on how large an opening the tanks have on top (for filling), we can just drop the hoses into the top of the tanks or we can plumb some line to the 2" valve on the tank. He also has some smaller 110V pumps.

Almost forgot: corey@vci.net

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Brian, I want to thank you and the rest of the HS crew for working your butts off on this deal. I hate that I can't be there to lend a hand, but if there's anything I can do on this end. . .

You are the MAN! :worship:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll try to get an early pic up tonite or tomorrow. The two cycle pump would be great(no need for power). The water heater is electric and will require the use of a generator. I figured on using cheapo garden hose sprayers and short lengths of hose and a set of valves for hot and cold. I have some PVC and a few fittings. Should not take much more. I hope to put the shower pans and drains in tonite and plumb them to the side and additional drain line can be connected on site: ie: garden hose. Set up will take about an hour after unloading. It's on skids so that should be to difficult.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The extra tank would be great but that's along way to haul it. I'll let you know if the guy doesn't loan me one. I bought one and will keep it for uses around the ranch. Cal is bringing a transfer pump so that should be enough. I'll get a list of fittings and valves together and post it. I'll try to post a pic of the tank. Probably just like the one MrMXer327 has.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We met somewhere, maybe around the bombfire. Look forward to seeing you again. BTW, Happy Birthday.:)

Top Bottom