Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Is Arizona above Arkansas? :D

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
...it is now!... alphabetically speaking.
"Single"- if you brought 15 friends, Arizona could be on the podium!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
...members of DRN tend to be spodes who are individuals of any age, dedicated to the proposition that all dirtbike riders are more or less created equal, with an inalienable right to ride in the dirt without harassment by the politically-correct of the moment. Spodes live to ride and ride to celebrate individual freedom, becoming one with nature while slicing through its forests and meadows, inadvertently busting bark and eating dirt .... only to be ultimately re-invigorated by it and being bonded to soul mates.

you see, scoob, there are spodes all around you! just open your eyes and spirit, and let your spodliness shine.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
As soon as I take my helmet off you will see my spodeliness shinin' :)

"To make it simple, Mike Brown needs to run more pre-mix than some spode on a black CR250R." -Dick Lechien, Maxima Nov.TWMX
:cool:

Jun 27, 2000
Singletracker, you drive this far and I will drive you the rest of the way.:D
Oh, I only live about fifty miles from Casey,IL.:D
Just messing with ya... you will have a great time worth the drive. Man what a drive you have ahead of you.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by Scoob
Ok, so being a spode isn't necessarily a bad thing...
No way! Being a Spode is a good thing. It's about riding for the fun of it, the thrill of pushing YOUR level. Not for the dollars (lol) or the trophies. It's about riding with friends, sitting around and racing the bench with the best of them... being excited about doing a double (or a single for that matter), ripping a tight section of woods without taking some bark with ya, getting the gumption to go for a hill; all of course is relative, it's not rather you are fast in comparison to fast guys, it's rather you go fast enough to get the rush that seperates your day of riding from the grind during the week... you know?

Spodes appreciate anyone that rides, speed is not an issue. All that matters is that you have fun. At the end of the day, we can all talk-up a good ride :) , we're all transformed into moto or woods heros....And man, the stories get really good.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Dead eng start
Singletracker, I would drive out and get you in AZ if you let me swing a leg over that big monster 500.:cool:

Deal!!:) I'm planning on leaving tomorrow night at 3:00am. See you here!:cool:

Scoob

Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan

No way! Being a Spode is a good thing. It's about riding for the fun of it, the thrill of pushing YOUR level. Not for the dollars (lol) or the trophies. It's about riding with friends, sitting around and racing the bench with the best of them... being excited about doing a double (or a single for that matter), ripping a tight section of woods without taking some bark with ya, getting the gumption to go for a hill; all of course is relative, it's not rather you are fast in comparison to fast guys, it's rather you go fast enough to get the rush that seperates your day of riding from the grind during the week... you know?

Spodes appreciate anyone that rides, speed is not an issue. All that matters is that you have fun. At the end of the day, we can all talk-up a good ride :) , we're all transformed into moto or woods heros....And man, the stories get really good.

Okie, thanks for putting that in plain english :)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
dead eng start--
pssssttt -keep this on the down low..lol
but
I'll have 500AFs at DW for anyone that would like to take a few laps on one to test out. Might save you a few thousand mile drive?

( LOL sorry John,have a safe trip man)

Pokie- I thought you put it quite eloquently -philistines like Okie just dont appreciate good prose :) heh

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
lol John!

Ive made that trek a few times over the years..its not as bad as people make out..but still i dont envy the long drive time.
Where are you headed first? riding a few places on the way here?

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by AJ Waggoner
lol John!
Where are you headed first? riding a few places on the way here?

You bet ya! I'm riding Draper Ok. Weds. then heading for Chadwick Mo. for four days of soil sampling.:) Then to my sisters place close to the Buffalo Range. I'll probably ride there Monday before Casey. Then on to Ne. for some riding with TW in a couple of places. Should be a fun trip.

The driving won't be too bad. I'm kind of a loner anyway. So that part doesn't bother me. But it seems as the years go by, it wears a little more on a body driving that far. Really only two bad stretches. From here to OKC. none stop, and then fron Ne. back home none stop. Other than that, it's a piece of cake.

Jun 27, 2000
Singletracker, sorry man I would have tried to make it there by 3am man. But, that racing god A.J (was'nt that what speedracer called you) said he had a AF 500. He is alot closer. Wish he still lived in Flat Rock. I could for sure pick him up on the way. Singletracker becarful on your trip. Heck I wish I was able to ride here with ya, sounds like your going to have a good time on your way here. Look me up when ya get to LTM. I will be easy to find I will be camping with the rwes(Canondale guy). Did I mention he is the best cook in the world? Anyway look me up. Have a safe trip.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Thanks DES. I sure will look for you. And you're still welcome to take my AF for a ride if you want. It's set up better for the trail rather than the track.

Jun 27, 2000
Singletracker, thanks Sounds good. Nothing better than a bike set up for the woods. I bet we can get you a ride on rwes's c'dal. I just have a old wr 400,nothing specail. Have a good time on your trip. see you when you get here. Drive safe.

Top Bottom