Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I've been out of the loop for 25 years. Things I need to know What or who are spodes and why do they have a fest.;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Think of a Spodefest as a "Special Olympics" for dirt bikers! ;)

We all ride dirt bikes to one degree of competency or another, but most all are not on the level with national caliber racers.
We just enjoy getting together and play-riding, play-racing, and just plain playing around with dirt bikes! Think about going out riding for a day or two with your 25 or 50 closest dirt bike friends, and you have a Spodefest.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
He did tell you... www.truespode.net has a link to the definition of Spode right at the top of the page.

For a more graphic definition:
truespode.jpg

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Wow been a spode all this time and didn't even know my condidtion! Spodefests sound like large amounts of almost illegal fun, are tere any known examples of this phnomenone in the N.M. AZ CO area?:)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
RR15

When did you live in the Roch. I bet you really miss the weather.:uh:

DirtFamily

Jan 2, 2002
BEEF....

There is a Feb Reno trip planned for Valentine's Day weekend......one in CO in Taylor Park (Gunnison area) sometime in mid-August, and 2 Moab trips planned......one in April and one Cinco de Mayo weekend....just look around!;)
Katie

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Part of being a spode means having an embarassing riding story to tell during benchracing BS sessions:

Like that time down in Texas when I accidentally sat on a fire ant mound. The ants crawled down inside my pants and started biting so I stripped ALL my gear off while my buddy washed them off with water from my Camelbak. I'm sure the couple riding horseback that day have an interesting story to tell their friends too.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey, WoodyRider...is that copyrighted or can I use that excuse sometime.

(Not that I foresee the need, but you never know when circumstances will require you ...)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Spode =

someone that has priorities other than riding but wish they didn't.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Did I mistype that? I've got this funky keyboard and you never know what letter is going to be next to the one you want any given day. :confused:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Dapper:

Thanks for asking the question. I have been out of it for 15 years, but was afraid to ask. I wish I had a photograph of the time I overdid a wheelie in 3rd gear and wound up on the soft side, complete with a ripped bottom (cheek to cheek, as it were).:o

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Hey, WoodyRider...is that copyrighted or can I use that excuse sometime.

Load Gomer - You can use that excuse anytime, just make sure to put a little Southern hospitality embellishment on it. You know, like that story you and Ivan tell about meetin' those four "city boys" taking a canoe trip down to Aintree. :eek: :p

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I guess I am not a Spode.

I never crash, Just ask WoodsRider and PapaKeith!

By the way, Triggers Crash Tests, Volume 2, is due out in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom