Spoiler: Oakland SX

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
RV, DM, RD, & TC finished in order and TC had been taken out in turn 2 of the first lap. The real story was with Andrew Short, riding a bone stock CR450F, took 6th in the Main and is 6th in the overall points race. Great job!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
And on the other end of the spectrum, Barcia and JBS did not finish, and Reed was also outside of the top 10. Those 3 took a big blow to their title hopes.

RV is on fire and only 8 points back of Millsaps now. Great job by Millsaps to hold onto the red plate and he is riding great.

And Tomac also struggled in the Lites, and Roczen is the new leader.

The starts seemed especially important this week. Not a fan of a 180* turn after the start - that's just asking for trouble.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Barcia has had a couple of bad weeks. I think it just shows his inmaturity. The 180* turn was really tight, in Dallas in 02 the turn was more of a sweeper but they still piled up/off the track. Not sure what caused Reed to bump and then take out Stewart but it was definitely bad news for Stewart. I was impressed that Canard came back for a 4th place finish, as he was caught up in the first turn maley as well.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
JS7 limp

Saw JS7 limp off after the corner pile up. These guys have pricey knee brace endoresements, don't they wear them? Given an 'odd tweak' of any joint can cause injury but these seem to be run of the mill pile ups and wash outs on non hardpack soil conditions. If they were wearing them, I don't think it says much about their product?! What does everyone else think? :blah:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I wear CTI's even though my doctor said they won't do much when catching a toe and twisting the knee. He said they may be a slight help, but nothing can replace, or is as strong as, the ACL itself.

If the ACL is stretched or torn, braces do help stabilize the loose joint, but any twist or strain is still felt even with the brace... although the brace lessens the impact. I'm familiar with knee injuries, but I'm no doctor... just a guy with a limp. :nod:

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…