TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
nephron said:
Exactly. I get on here hoping for a lively 'get together'. Got what I expected. Reed and RC fans with their heads buried in the dirt. Give it up, guys and gals. This is as good as it will ever get (well, at least since RC and MC).

Hey, I'm a Reed fan but I'll give credit where credit is due.It sounds like it was a good race. James played it smart & stuck to Ricky & watched his lines then knew where he could attempt a pass. Good work James.

Now the points have spread out a little more. Chad knows he's not cutting it at the moment. As quoted from Transworld Motocross:

"I just wasn’t on my game that's what it comes down to," Reed said of his third. "These two got away and that was it. There are a few things that we have to work on, and it's a little tough to swallow."

It hurts his pride but at least he's got the kahoonas to say it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It hurts his pride but at least he's got the kahoonas to say it.
Sure, once there's no one left to blame :p

Seriously tho, it's got to be tough to realize you can't run with the top two like you thought or hoped, you could. Like wardy said in another post, they are all, all the way to the last guy, big time fast. It's just a couple have gone to the next level and apparently, no one else is ready or willing to run there . Yet.

And about MC? The guy seems to get faster every time out, I sure wish he'd run the whole series.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
The fact is, RC slowed JS up for the first 18 laps. JS's lap times were crazy compared to anyone else's, I think JS was trying to show maturity even though it was on purpose (it was killing him not to pass earlier). RC doesn't make mistakes, JS makes them, but bounces back if he's not overpumped with adrenaline. I think JS can do win every race, but I thought that last year too. :(

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
MC said he think's he's faster than he was back in the day. Just shows how sick this sport is going. MC places in the top 10 and top 3 in SD heat race. That's a huge thing for an old fart like him. Makes it easier for me to throw my fat leg over the seat. ;)

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Okiewan said:
I'm as big a MC fan as anyone and appreciate the fact that he went for his payback in the heat instead of the main (I doubt seriously he would have taken a shot at a front runner in the main). As it is, MC fans are happy to see the king put a little smack down... but what if he had face-planted JS and put him out of the series? Would everyone be happy? Face it, that was a chance he took and probably, in the big picture, not a good idea.
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw MC dive in on him. I practically jumped out of my chair expecting an ugly scene to unfold. JS didn't stuff MC last week on purpose. It was, in fact, a racing incident. MC could have changed the season with that move and I guess I do expect to see a little better sportsmanship from the 7X champ.
rodH said:
So what your saying is, you think that Bubba was OK in doing what he did to MC last week?
He didn't DO anything to MC except pass too agressively. MC actually contacted JS and went down. I suppose if James Marshall ever walks again you would expect him to retaliate against Fonseca for landing on him. If we all lived with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" mentality, we would have a world full of blind, toothless people.

I'm enjoying the season and I think JS rode smart in SD. I would have liked to see RC open a gap and win, or battle a little more, but it was JS that set the pace. Judging by the lap times from the heat to the main, I really don't think that was RC's 100%. The results may have been the same, but I think we would have seen his 100% if JS took the holeshot. Regardless, it was nice to finally see them both up front again for a clean race on a clean track.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Sandjunky said:
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw MC dive in on him. I practically jumped out of my chair expecting an ugly scene to unfold. JS didn't stuff MC last week on purpose. It was, in fact, a racing incident. MC could have changed the season with that move and I guess I do expect to see a little better sportsmanship from the 7X champ.
He didn't DO anything to MC except pass too agressively. MC actually contacted JS and went down. I suppose if James Marshall ever walks again you would expect him to retaliate against Fonseca for landing on him. If we all lived with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" mentality, we would have a world full of blind, toothless people.

Do you really believe that??? Seriously??

Take it up with MC, Personally I don't think MC would have Run Franseca over, but he did pay back Bubba for what he did. Slightly different (at least from what I saw).

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I watched it a couple of times and it didn't look to me like an intentional take-out by MC, but WDIK. I wish Christa would have asked him about it.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
WHOA, i actually took some time to read 4 pages of this stuff.

MC did what any respectful Racer would do......knock me down I knock you down. We can candy coat this all we want, talk about worry about the series and crap like that don't cut it.
Wether MC would or would NOT have retaliated against some one else isn't the issue. The fact is he got knocked down, and he made sure that "the younger" guy was taught a lesson. Reap what you soe. It happens everyday on every amatuer track, hell it last for years! There are guys that I still race with today that rather knock me on my can then pass me clean and OF COURSE I return the favor.
If you don't YOU BECOME TRACTION, NOT ANOTHER RACER. MC took it that way, and handled it, next time James is coming through the pack he may tone it down a tad and think about picking better, or the best place to pass.
I realize we all look at this by "who" we like the most. But if you race, and race with the same riders week in and week out you have to establish your own ground rules. MC did that like it or not.

I personally have had this type of deal happen a few times in the 31 years of racing, even with close friends who are now no longer "close". But if you plan to have any respect from any racer you have to stand your ground. Series, points, doesn't matter.

:ride:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I knew that stewart had RC. Last year was so easy to kick the kid while he was down. Honestly I wish that other riders would step up to the level that JS an RC are at. but I think that we are looking at a two man show for the rest of the year. 11 points seperated RC and JS. JS now has to win 4 races to beat RC. that is asumming RC gets 2nd place the rest of the rounds (that is very realistic) the series will be tight. I think that the only real question mark out there now is how far behind windham will be when he comes back. I am hoping that he can find some speed so that sombody can ride in the no man's land between reed and RC-JS speeds. Tedesco impessed me with his speed in heat 1 untll he went down. I give him props for stepping up to the big leagues. I wish him and RC had more riding time together.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The only issues I have with the whole thing?
I don't want this excellent season messed-up so MC can prove himself in his last race.

It was just taking chances that weren't necessary. Imagine the sheet-storm had he taken one of the top 2 out for the season, for payback. Then again, I guess most wouldn't bag on MC too hard no matter what he did.

We saw what JS did for "payback" after thinking it was Reed that took him off the track. Caught him from dead last, a 'lil brake check and a look. That is more or less what I'd expect from a champ at the professional level. "I could have just parked you in the stands, do not piss me off". But I guess "what I could have done vs what I chose to do", doesn't count.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
CaptainObvious said:
I'm sure it was. CBS NY decided to run a one-hour special on Snow Coverage :bang:

I hate them and wish very bad things on them. Anybody know when the re-run on Speed is?

:cool: to bubba.

snow coverage :laugh: that made me laugh when I read that, I almost spewed coffie all over the keyboard... that sucks dude
firgian snow coverage

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
As much as I like MC and racing requires some respect, I dont agree with any purposeful take out. I still think JBS was as much to blame in the previous race, but MC was all to blame in this one.

That being said, JBS had it and used his head.

I am still an RC fan. :nener:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Oh how cool would a Rock win be? Totally behind that........

Okie I understand all that, maybe my up bringing in the racing here is skewed? LOL, it would have been bad to hurt some one no question, but heck James didn't go down, James likely didn't hit MC on purpose. I guess what I am saying is in this instance and what I watched on TV with out Tivo (thumps' post :) ) i totally understand and don't argue with that whole deal.
Old school crap there and is NOT politically correct.
I realize many won't admit to watching NASCAR, but run Junior into the wall, or Robbie Gordon and see what happens at 190+.
I don't like MC more or less for the incident, I simply understand and to a point agree with it.
James brake checking Reed in a corner and "looking" at him tells me he hasn't got into that "hard asss" attitude yet. But he will. because in a few years after James is on top for all the gold and glory someone will be there to take it away. He won't just let it go, he will fight for it i am sure also.

hopefully by then they aren't slapping each other with their gloves or i will be finding another sport at 60..............

:ohmy:

Oh and the "difference" between the two deals, James was riding hard or over zealously and took MC down, MC had no room to miss him, MC on the other hand ran up on James hard gave him a love tap to the front wheel in a heet to say "hey don't do that crap again"

Last edited:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
This is a time when it would be nice to be Borg. That way we could all agree.

I don't like JS less for taking MC out, he was trying too hard to save his hopes for the title. I don't like MC any less for taking JS out, I just think it was irresponsible. He probably didn't expect james to go flying off the track anyway. I think RC, JS, and MC epitomize what this sport is all about... Competition!

DRK

Dec 31, 2002
Vic said:
I watched it a couple of times and it didn't look to me like an intentional take-out by MC, but WDIK. I wish Christa would have asked him about it.

Agree. I watched it about 10+ times and MC was really moving through that turn. Faster than most of the others. I think his front end started to slide to the outside as he was in the second part of the first turn and he barely caught it. JS just happened to be on the outside of him. I can't believe we are the only two people who think it was unintentional. I also don't think JS meant to take out MC last week. He was just riding over his head and too aggresive due to his last place start.

I predict Windham will run behind Reed and in front of Larocco when he returns.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
I was was at the live event in san diego, but i can tell you the main event was the best race i have ever watched in my life. The way RICKY and BUBBA race each other with that amount of speed and precision is out of the ordinary, its way different watching it on tv to watching it live. Iam a JS fan but i have lots of respect for both these 2 riders and wish RICKY doesn't retire soon. RICKY and BUBBA are gonna be the greatest riders the world has and will ever see for a very long time. I cant wait for MXDN, when these 2 guys represent our country, its gonna be so boring for all the nations.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Weather the JBS "take out" move on MC was really his fault or not....no one can deny that MC is NOT a threat in the series. He hasn't even committed to all of the races and has stated that he's not on the level that the top 3 are on. So in that regard, it was a little foolish for JBS to make a "sketchy" move on him because I think right around the turn MC would have given him an easy pass. Since he didn't....yeah, MC gave him a little attitude back.

I don't fault either guy...they are both fast and I'm sure it'll be water under the bridge at this point. MC is back for fun....and I can't imagine a big showdown of the ego's being fun for him.

TO RC and JBS....yeah JBS was setting him up. Carmichael even said something to the fact that he knew they were both going to turn it up but he thought he had enough for him. He didn't. JBS raced smart and was rewarded. Not as exciting as just going for it, but if you want to win a championship you have to use your head. I wonder if JBS tries to make a habit of this....if we will ever see Carmichael FORCE him to the lead and bank on him buckling under the pressure.

As for Reed...I'm a fan. But he's not fast enough. It'll be very hard for him to be a contender if he continues to ride at his current level. Not impossible...but very very hard. Then again, when he does turn it up...he seems to have a hard time keeping it together long enough to finish a race. Daytona should kind of "equalize" things a little with it's design and all the sand. Maybe we'll see a better peformance from him there. I doubt it'll be in STL though.

Micah

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Red Mamba said:
I cant wait for MXDN, when these 2 guys represent our country...
I was thinking the exact same thing while watching the last race. I always watch the races and think to myself, "How is it possible to go that fast?". I think this even more after I rode the day before and chickened out of the big hits on an AMATEUR track. It's gonna be great watching Bubba, RC and Ivan lay the smackdown at MXdN. If Bubba puts on a good race there, I think most of the haters will finally like him and respect him.

Ryan

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
And lets not forget, Windham will be back from injury and Pastrana will be back for fun. I'm guessing MC will stick around for that race as well. Knock on wood RC, JBS, Reed, Ivan all stay healthy and that would be a HOT ticket to have.

Micah

Top Bottom