76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I broke a rim on my friend's bike and I'm trying to fix it for him. I was able to weld up the crack in the rim, but now I need to tighten the spokes and cannot because the nipples are all seized. I am going to have to hacksaw the spokes out and will need to buy new ones to replace the old but I am having a terrible time finding new spokes. I tried ordering through an aftermarket company, but the spokes they sent me for an 87 were incorrect. They sent me a 32 spoke set and from what I have been told, all CR's have 32 spoke wheels. For some reason, this bike has a 36 spoke wheel and I believe it to be the original wheel. The spokes are also straight, there is no bend on the end. The microfilms on partsfish list 6 different spokes for this wheel which really makes things confusing. I think the spokes are 192.5mm in length. Does anybody know where I could order spokes by length and end style instead of by bike model? The budget is tight as well, I can't spend more than $80 on a set of spokes.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
On closer examination of the microfilm, the hub pictured has 4 bolts for the brake rotor and the hub on this bike has 6 bolts... I think it's a CR500 wheel.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I'm going to buy 1 spoke from the Honda dealer at an exhorbitant $4.50. If it's the right one, then I can order an aftermarket set with confidence. These restock fees can get high when you keep getting the wrong spokes.

fishwater

Oct 19, 2006
At least you can buy the spokes individualy. I just purchased a 1992 RM & need to replace one broken nipple. The niples are only available with the spkess as an entire set for $80.00! I am sure there are a few seized niples but I would have preferred only buying what I needed.

Top Bottom