Status
Not open for further replies.

teamtnt#308

Aug 1, 2003
ok..i have a name for myself in both bike and quad racing in my area, but i dont know how to go about asking for sponsorship money...if i were to talk to possible sponsors, wut should i ask them and wut should i tell them? should i tell them how much money its goin' to be for all of my parts, gear, etc, wut i plan to do w/ the money?, etc etc etc....if anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated...thanx

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You need a fairly good resume' to be thinking money.
Sponsorships on the local racing level rarely consist of money to the rider.

Perhaps you should be thinking, what sort of products and discounts could a sponsor provide.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
This is where salesman skills would come in handy. They need to know that they are getting something out of sponsoring you besides getting their product names on your bike and gear. A sponsor wants to know that they have someone who is a good marketing tool... well spoken, visible, etc. What can you offer them? Telling them how much stuff costs just tells them that all you're concerned about is the money and what YOU get out of it (big turn off). Try talking to a few marketing guys/gals from the companies you are looking at and get a feel for how they operate. Get to know them and more important, let them get to know you. Invite them to a few of your races so they can see you in action on and off the track. This is a multi-step process so taking it step by step is in your best interest.

Last edited:

teamtnt#308

Aug 1, 2003
ok jaybird, if the sponsor wouldnt give me money, is there a way that i could ask them if i could get dealership costs, or see if theyll help me pay for my expenses...and i think i DO have a pretty good resume in my local area

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I knew you sounded familiar...

Same question

Did you not listen the first time? You need MORE TIME in the saddle before you can convince ANY sponsor you're worth the investment. Try it in a few YEARS, not months. :silly: :|

in the words of Okie
You can't get something for nothing. Right now, you still have nothing to offer. Looks like you might actually have to pay some dues like most everyone else...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom