uts

Jan 8, 2004
Hey Dirtosaurs,

I know this topic is well covered but I just have a question. Putting more oil in your premix leans the jetting. ie more oil equals less fuel in total volume. I understand this. But It richens the mixture as far as oil goes which equals more spooge?
Is this true, or does it also make the premix a bit thicker which means it flows through the jets more slowly and decreases the total amount of premix compared to air in each charge.
I guess what I am saying is can I lessen spooge by adding more oil. I run Motul 800 at 45:1 in my 86 CR250.
I know the slow jet is probably too big = spooge but it runs so well I just don't want to touch it.

UTS

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I seriously doubt that spooge would be reduced by adding oil. I have found the opposite to be true. If you are getting quite a bit of spooge you probably need a smaller pilot, assuming there are no other problems with your bike.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Adding more oil will add more spooge - and foul plugs faster. Pick a ratio and get the bike jetted right. Being an '86 model you may want to check crank seals and make sure your not sucking trany oil.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if it runs good jetted with spooge youll be amazed how it will run jetted proper.

try dropping the needle 1 clip and mess with the air screw a little

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If you're running pump gas, you may never completely stop the spooging.

ML536

Dec 1, 2001
If the bike runs "good" with a slow jet you think is too large, why don't you think it would run better with a properly-sized jet? I think trying to adjust for improper jetting by playing with your oil ratio is a bad idea.

As to your question why increasing the amount of oil leans the mixture, the thickness of the oil has nothing to do with it. It is the temperature of the combustion chamber that matters. If the bike is jetted properly, the combustion chamber will be hot enough to burn the oil, so you will have little to no spooge.

The fuel's change of phase from a liquid to a gas (evaporation) lowers the temperature of the mixture. Consequently, excess fuel (richness) will overly cool the cylinder, dropping the temperature, resulting in incomplete combustion of the oil. Conversely, too little fuel (excessive leaness) results in inadequate cooling, causing excessive combustion heat. This is what usually causes seizures caused by lean jetting.

Proper jetting in a two stroke makes a huge difference in power and throttle response. Why don't you just try a one-step leaner slow jet and adjust the air screw, then see how it runs? It would cost less than $10. You can adjust your clip position for free. These are easy changes that will likey yield you a lot of bang for the buck.

uts

Jan 8, 2004
[

Proper jetting in a two stroke makes a huge difference in power and throttle response. Why don't you just try a one-step leaner slow jet and adjust the air screw, then see how it runs? It would cost less than $10. You can adjust your clip position for free. These are easy changes that will likey yield you a lot of bang for the buck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will.

UTS

twsnow

Jun 5, 2005
Hey I rejetted my yz125 i have a 330 in it now and i ride at 4000 feet and it still spooges tons.Ive also repaced my silencer

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
twsnow said:
Hey I rejetted my yz125 i have a 330 in it now and i ride at 4000 feet and it still spooges tons.Ive also repaced my silencer

Sounds like it needs more rejetting. You are at a high elevation and lean jetting is probably required.

Top Bottom