Spooge?

Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
78
Likes
0
#1
Is it normal for spooge to come out where the exhuast pipe meets the motor and is it normal for spooge to come out of the powervalve overflow tube?
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
205
Likes
0
#4
Jetted properly or not for those of us riding a "B" level and below spooge is our friend and a fact of life. Neat thing these days given advances in oil chemistry more often than not the spooge flows opposed to carbon coating the power valve closed. No, unburned oil should not come out between the cylinder and pipe... if so your loosing a bit of power. New o-rings, copper, or whatever with a tweak here and there will fix that. Spooge out the power valve vent is common. Jetted properly it is virtually unnoticeable a drip here and their at the most. Run low in the R's and the spooge can become excessive... again, for most of us this is better than no spooge at all.

Way I see it, your question pretty much says you don't ride at 10,000r's and up... thus don't worry about the spooge thing and have fun.
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
1,534
Likes
8
#5
Technically it isn't supposed to but I would say that it is "normal". Like KX250Dad said, if the seal is working properly the pipe shouldn't leak, but my seals never seem to last very long.

Rod
 

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Joined
Apr 9, 2002
Messages
8,063
Likes
11
#6
KX250Dad said:
Jetted properly or not for those of us riding a "B" level and below spooge is our friend and a fact of life.
Not sure why so many see this as acceptable, B level or not you can jet the bike properly for the load you are placing on the engine and be spooge free. My son's first 2 stroke was a KX80 that we bought from a very fast local hotshot, when my son got on it as a beginner we literally had oil pouring out the silencer. A few hours of jetting and plug changes and the bike never dripped another drop. It may be a friend and a fact of life to you but to those that want to tune their machines properly it doesn't have to be.
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
205
Likes
0
#7
Chili said:
...A few hours of jetting and plug changes and the bike never dripped another drop. It may be a friend and a fact of life to you but to those that want to tune their machines properly it doesn't have to be.
Those that ask whether spooge is good or bad obviously aren't jetting smart and do not fall into "those" you refer. Does any rider have to live with spooge ... absolutely not, lean them out, blow them up, and suddenly that spooge isn't so obnoxious after all. Jetting is a learning curve, learn the bike technology the jetting will come as the riding skill increases as jetting judgements and decisions can be made without compromising engine life.
 

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Joined
Apr 9, 2002
Messages
8,063
Likes
11
#8
KX250Dad said:
Those that ask whether spooge is good or bad obviously aren't jetting smart and do not fall into "those" you refer. Does any rider have to live with spooge ... absolutely not, lean them out, blow them up, and suddenly that spooge isn't so obnoxious after all. Jetting is a learning curve, learn the bike technology the jetting will come as the riding skill increases as jetting judgements and decisions can be made without compromising engine life.
So you'd rather retard their education by telling them it is a fact of life and learn to live with it as your friend? There is a long ways between jetting the bike to stop spooging and blowing up an engine because you've leaned it out too much. DRN is an excellent source for jetting information for those that actually want to learn, for those that don't I'm not going to lie to them and tell them "it's a fact of life with a 2 stroke".

I returned to this sport several years ago with zero engine tuning skills and to this day they would be laughable at best to someone that knows their way around a 2 stroke. That being said we've never owned a 2 stroke that leaked a drop of spooge after I had time to work on the jetting, we've also never lost a top end or crank during this period due to lean jetting.

People with poorly tuned 2 strokes always seem to be of the ilk that the bike is either spooging or blowing up, my point is this is not the case at all.
 
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
78
Likes
0
#9
I have a new set of orings and springs. How can i jet this so i dont get this spooge? Origionally i thought it was ok, becuase if anything it was getting too much lube, which i didnt think was horrible. I have no spooge out the pipe. What (pilot, main, needle, clip)should i change to stop this?
 
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
50
Likes
0
#10
buffsabs11, you are right, you are ok, spooge is a pain to clean and it fouls plugs, it is also still a lubricant and somewhat protects against rust when sprayed all over your bike ;)

Search for spanky's jetting guide, it will tell you exactly how to jet your bike It has been covered many times in the past.

In the end you will be rewarded with a fine tuned race engine, and you will wonder how people get by without jetting.

Just go do it.