wardd

Aug 17, 2000
Someone(non-motorcycle enthusiast) recently mentioned to me that there was a 2-3 page article about motocross in last weeks Sports Illustrated.

Has anyone seen it, and if so, could you give us the details?
Thanks...
David.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
I've got it at home...it was part of a weekly profile of sports in different states. Now I can't even remember which state they were profiling (Tennessee?), but some big annual amateur motocross event was featured. Wasn't any of the familiar ones like Loretta Lynn's. Mildly entertaining, but nothing to run out and buy the magazine for. SI has had the most motocross/freestlye coverage this year that I've seen in the 10 or so years I've subscribed. And it's written very favorable to the sport, which is good.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
muddy creek raceway, blountville, tennessee. it's a pretty well-known track among the mx crowd. the old guy in the pic is one of the regular posters on the motodrive forums. it was a good article-nice to see the stick and ball mags shed a positive light on the best sport.

CJG

Nov 24, 2001
I'll have to check out that issue. I live about 15 minutes from muddy creek. It's nice to see our sport getting some mainstream coverage.

Top Bottom