Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Was wondering if anyone had one and how they liked it. Thought it would be easier to setup and more comfortable, ie not being on the cold ground. Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
I posted this question a while back, check below for the post. I have one now and have used it twice. It works very well. It is is easy to set up, and the quality is good. Last time we had it up it rained all night and we stayed dry. I would recommend it. If you decide to get one shop around, I've seen widely varied pricing on it. I got mine for $135 and free shipping.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks a million! I havent looked around yet, but the few i have noticed it at were like $160. So $135 is a big difference. I search for your post, thanks!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks, i just did a search for it. Realtruck.com had it for $135.85 with free shipping. Also found it for $129.95 but with shipping. 2 other places that have it for $135 too and free shipping, but they arent like a real site. More like a middle man for the manufactures. I didnt know it came in Advantage camo now! Not that it would help hide my big silver truck. Anyways it looks like Realtruck.com will be getting my money.

Also found some reviews on it that look promising. Only complaint seemed to be with the door zipper not working properly with lack of tension on it? They suggested another pole around the entry way. Did you happen to get the air mattress? Seems alittle step compared to a regular one. I thought about lining the floor with padded carpet, kinda like the Bedrug product. Does the floor of the tent connect in the bed any where? Or is it just to the outsides of the truck? Thanks!

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
The door zipper is little hard to close. Not too big of a deal. If you don't put the straps on the front corners too tight it works a little better. None of the tension straps that hold the tent to the truck need to be very tight anyway.

I did not get the air mattress from them. I found a nice queen size one from Costco with a rechargeable pump for $30 and it has worked well. The bed of the truck is little hard if you don't have something under there.

The floor of the tent only has 3 small straps at the front of the tent, back of the truck, that attach between the tailgate and bed of the truck. Realtruck.com confirmed my order quickly and shipped it out the next day, good service. One other benefit is that it will fit behind the seat when all packed up, just like they say. Good luck.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I use a tiedown w/some tesion to pull the poles together on both sides of the door; makes it a little harder to get in & out but relieves stress on the door zipper so it no longer snaggs on it's self.

Top Bottom