Ryan314

Feb 4, 2007
I am always worried that water is going to get inside my air filter when I spray down my bike since it's not sealed from water... should I worry about this? Should I cover up the gaps inbetween the seat when I spray the bike down?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You should be careful about where and from what direction you spray. You should also be careful about spraying water at the seals that are exposed (wheel bearing, shock linkage, shifter shaft, etc).

After you get done washing your bike, a check of the air filter for water will tell you if you have been careful enough.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Have you tried an air intake cover? I got one made by Twin Air. Has a nice rubber seal on it. Then I use some simple green and a scrub brush and rinse. Works pretty good.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
rickyd said:
Have you tried an air intake cover? I got one made by Twin Air. Has a nice rubber seal on it. Then I use some simple green and a scrub brush and rinse. Works pretty good.

Yeah, those work great for cleaning the inside of your airbox. I have one made by Acerbis. Get a couple extra filters too and just make it a habit of swapping out the filter when you wash your bike.

Top Bottom