Spring Break isn't just for kids!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
It's back to work and time to relax - wonder why vacation time is always so darn hectic!

Karl & I took off a few days to spend Spring Break with the kids and we were bbbuuusssyyy!!!

It all started out Saturday morning when we decided to take our new Magna 700 that Karl got for me over to his buddies house so he could adjust the valves while we were over in Idaho to meet a guy that was interested in my KLX300. The KLX was at a friend's shop in Idaho so we headed out in about 40 degree weather, Karl & kids in my truck & me on the roadbike bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I stopped every so often to warm back up in the truck but we finally arrived at the shop to grab the KLX, met the buyer and ended up trading the KLX for some cash & an 86TLR200 (old Honda trials bike). Back to the shop to get my Magna & ride it a ways farther to Karl's bud's house. I was numb in a few minutes and finally arrived at the house to drop the bike off. Just as we all headed out to get some lunch in the truck with the heater cranked on full bore the snow started! Boy I was glad I was back in the truck.

We browsed the RV traders & truck traders over some good food and decided that would have to spend today searching for the new camp trailer (and Karl's new truck if we could find it). We have been looking but just hadn't found a trailer that fit with what we needed. The old camp trailer didn't sleep the kids & all comfortably but the toy haulers were very spendy & still didn't solve the sleeping dilemma. Everything was either too tall to fit in our shop (a must for our winters) or too long to haul up our wonderful driveway. We finally found the solution - an 18' Tahoe with 3 popout tent trailer type beds! A queen over the front for us, and a double on each side at the rear & a table that turns into a double bed! We headed home to search the internet for the real price on the new find and found some great info. We were prepared for the RV dealer to open up Monday so we could make a deal.

Sunday, the boys (my son's little friend was visiting) wanted to go for a ride and the girls agreed to join us. We decided to ride our new Trials bikes & see how we liked them. They are a fun change and work well for putzing along with the girls but, I don't think I would like either one for any long rides! We were all heading over to a neighbors house to borrow a KX60 for my son's friend to ride. As we were scoping out the trail to their house that had been obliterated by the loggers, we heard some bikes. The neighbor was doing the same thing - trying to find the trail with some of his buds & a couple more kids. The guys blazed a new trail through the slash while the boys all headed down to their house to get the other bike and Karl, myself & the girls helped clear the trail so the kids could all make it back up.

They all returned & one of the guys instructed two of the other kids to head up on the trail. One little guy didn't see the trail and tried to attack the brush pile as the other little guy attacked the trail. I helped get the one off the brush pile as Karl helped the other one get up the trail. The first little guy saw the trail then and came back for another run. About that time, my son showed up and stopped at the bottom to see what was going on. By now, his friend had made it up on the KX60 and the brush pile kid was at the top of the trail getting some help from Karl when his dad (who didn't know the kid was stuck at the top) went for it. He quickly realized that the top of the trail was blocked. As he was getting turned around, Karl got the kid up & out. I signaled my son to hit it and he did - right into the brush pile, he didn't see the trail either. :ugg:

I have to admit, both of these kids were determined and they hit the brush pile with some effort! I helped him get turned around, pointed out the trail & he said "Ohhh" with a giggle! He went back down, turned around and breezed up the hill like a pro - that's my boy!

We finally got everyone up the hill and the boys decided to go ride with the neighbor & his buddies while Karl, myself & the girls headed back home. This was the girls first ride of the season and my daughter's first outing on the KX60. They were both doing great but were ready to call it a day, the trampoline was waiting at home.

We got home and I commented how much I missed my CR after riding the TLR. I guess I twisted Karl's arm too much because next thing we knew we had the CR's out of the shop & warming up. After all, we had to go check on the boys!

We weren't sure where all the guys were going but we figured we could find them. We were wrong but we had a great time looking! We hit the ridge trail, Hangover Hill, Oops I Crapped My Pants (I made it up on my first try - Karl always makes it on his first try). Then we headed back towards home. We called the girls to see if the boys were home yet & they were not so we headed to the neighbor's house. We ran into the full crew at the top of the slash pile trail where we'd met up earlier. They followed us back home where the boys all rode around the kid's track for a few laps before they headed back.

We spent a few hours after that working on some of the jumps for the boys while they worked on riding. These two boys could ride 24 hours if we let them. They worked on the track, built some new trail and rode dirtbikes for the next 3 days! We weren't so lucky as we needed to get some projects done around the house. Next project is to fire up the dozer and finish some of the jumps and expand the track/trail for the kids.

We ended up working a deal on the new camp trailer on Tuesday. Can't wait for May when the new trailer is here! Come on camping season!!!!! :yeehaw:

4EverOrange - we will be getting our present camper out of our storage shop this weekend so I will have pics next week. Let me know if you are still interested cause it is definitely for sale!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Wow, bbbom, you write some good stuff. Sounds like you're family is always having fun. Glad you found the trailer to meet your needs!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
It's back to work and time to relax - wonder why vacation time is always so darn hectic!
I know what you mean......all we have to do when we go on vacation with the kids are to WORK! Well, we have some fun from watching them, though.

bbbom, congratulations on your new TOY!
Buddy and I got a 16 foot toy hauler after Reno Ride, and we love it.
Is there a chance that you and Karl come down to Northern California to ride with us before it gets too hot!? :confused:

Mini

Top Bottom