fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We had a meeting this weekend to start planning this event. This event will be a family enduro on April 30th at the Leetsville ORV parking lot. We are planning 50 miles of trail (only 25 for the riders 8 years old and younger).

There will be two loops. The first will be at 12 mph and the second will be at 18 mph. It will be a great opportunity to ride with the family and test your time keeping abilities.

If anyone would like to help on this event, we will be marking trail on April 23 and 24. Let me know and I will get you the details.

There are other events on the event weekend. Friday (4/29) is Arbor Day. The Lansing Motorcycle Club in partnership with the Michigan DNR will be planting trees at 9:00 at the Leetsville parking lot.

On Sunday (5/1) will be round # 2 of the District 14 enduro series. The starting place will also be in Leetsville.

The event weekend is also the Trout Festival in Kalkaska. It will be a very busy weekend. Please come join us!!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - Mark and I will be there! I also plan to do the big kids race on Sunday (elbow permitting).

I think we will see lots of points dropped in that second loop for the younger kids - will likely spread out the points a bit more than in the past.

Will the gas be back at the starting point, gas truck? whats the plan there?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
If I'm just a big kid and no little kids, can I ride on Saturday. This may be a good time to get back north and get my riding legs going a little more.

I'll check on the dates for marking trail, that may be better for me. Send me information on that please MIke. Thanks!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Count me in again this year.
The only thing is the drive to the staging area will be a killer!
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marsh, the only thing between the starting area and your shop is the RR tracks and 2 miles of pavement.

Both events will start at the Leetsville ORV location. Flyers available on the LMC website. I am planning to ride on Sunday. So I have been left out of the planning.

Mark, we would welcome your help or your entry on Saturday. I do not have the details yet for the 23rd, ,but I would expect that we will be working at Leetsville in the afternoon on Saturday.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - pardon my stupid questions here - but I am still a bit confused on how the two loops thing will be handled.

From the wording on the flyer, it refers to what sounds like two separate "events" morning and afternoon. Yet I had it in my mind that it would be that kids over age 9 would ride both loops in order to be scored as a "finisher" of the one combined "event" totalling 50 miles of riding.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
gottcha - thanks Mike.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
From what I see out the window right now - yes! Hard to say how much snow we actually got due to the high winds, but I would guess 3" or so, with another 6 to 8 forecast for today.

I hate snow....

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!!

No studs are needed!! We did the mileage on Saturday. It was cold, but the dirt was perfect!!!
After a week of warmer temperatures, the snow will be gone.

I will see everyone this weekend!!

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Ok mike I have a couple of questions. For the kids race is there a friday night sign-up? And the 9 and under riders
are done at lunch, does that include buddy class riders?

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Greg don't be such a baby, I think you can handle two loops of Leetsville.

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Alright Tom its about time you ragged on me. I was getting tired of picking on you with no results.

I am getting pretty weak in my old age but (excuse the pun)
I was more concerned about my not quite 4 year old daughters backside. I am sure you are familiar with
extended saddle time on a KTM seat. So far she loves
to ride I would hate too ruin it .
It is kinda ironic her first kids enduro is on the leetsville
trail. My first real 100 mile enduro was in 1984,(About three years before tom was born ) started in mancelona and is the race that established most of what is the leetsville trail today. Of course I am sure it was alot tougher trail back then. Probably all uphill. Oh yeah your dad told me you cried
the whole time you rode with him in the budddy class in the pine cone and that your sister was alot tougher. I am sure i will see you this weekend and we can settle this. I will bring my milkcrate so we can do it eye to eye.

Top Bottom