RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK, let's see who wants to come and on what days. There is primitive camping Saturday night at the trail head and some hotels in town. Here's the web site of the club putting on the ride http://bearcreeksportsmen.com/

You will need an AMA card but can apply right at the ride if you want to.

What day is preferable--the 17th (Saturday)or 18th (Sunday)? They are having some kind of ride for the kids on Sunday but either day will be fun.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Sunday the 18th.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Anyone else...Dan, Keith, Squeaky and hubby (sorry Bruce :p), Mike, Gordon, all the new guys that have recently joined??

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If there is camping on site, I could come up Sat and ride Sunday If that's the day people want to go.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I’m a definite maybe. Not turning my nose up to it but this time of the year I usually spend it out at RAC with the guys. I make it up that way for the Hancock ride which covers the area you’re riding plus about three times that area. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see all of the old friends and if things work out I’ll be there for one of the days but can’t commit to it right now. It’s also the start of Enduro season and some of the dual sports

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It looks like it will be Sunday...Woodsrider and Keith can make it then :) What about Sam and Bruce? I know school has been a issue...High school can be a pain...do you think she'll graduate this time? :debil:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
As far as camping...you can get there when ever you want but I suggest you do it when it's light out still. It's way out in the boonies and will be very dark!

You will be on the honor system to make sure you pay the gate fee to ride the next day so be good little doobies :)

I plan on eating that the McDonalds in town for breakfast if anyone is interested in meeting there.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I don't see the location listed anywhere.
Might be a good Birthday getaway ride for me. Oh yeah, how much is it? Can we have camp fires in the camp area?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I am most likely out for this ride. If I do make it, I would have to drive up sunday morning and home sunday night which can make for a long day.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
From their website...
Requirements: AmA membership required. Singup available at the event. Full riding gear, safe riding habits and a quiet motorcycle. $35.00 single day, $60.00 both days. Kids 12 and under free. Chef Leroy will be cooking food both days.

Event is located at the Reservoir Hill Property, Hancock, NY. From rt.17 exit 87, left, through town, left on rt.268. From RT.97, turn right at end, left on Rt.268. Will be arrowed with orange Moose racing arrows from town.

BTW, if you drive under Rt 17 (the main interstate) after going East out of Hancock, you have gone too far. There is an arrow that points to the left before you get to the the point where you go under the highway but it's easy to miss. Don't ask how I know that :ohmy:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dan, sorry you can't make it. You'd be looking at a 2-3 hour drive. I want to get back to Lost Trails soon too so I'll see ya there.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Dan, sorry you can't make it. You'd be looking at a 2-3 hour drive.

Which is also why I only got a permit for Reading Anthacite 1 year, and never became a member at TC. The drive out and back along with a full day of riding was killing me. Paragon was my limit at 1.5 hours, and event that would get to me sometimes. I guess I am just spoiled now with Lost Trails being just under a 45 minute drive :laugh:

I'm not saying I am definitely out, but my mom will be here visiting the week before that, and she is going home that sunday.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
flyinzuki said:
I got a little lost last year.
Look for signs around... HERE :cool:
I take it the bridge is back in service. When I was there in 2007 the bridge was still washed out and you had on go Lower Cadosia Rd. Either way will get you there.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
Which is also why I only got a permit for Reading Anthacite 1 year, and never became a member at TC. The drive out and back along with a full day of riding was killing me. Paragon was my limit at 1.5 hours, and event that would get to me sometimes. I guess I am just spoiled now with Lost Trails being just under a 45 minute drive :laugh:

I'm not saying I am definitely out, but my mom will be here visiting the week before that, and she is going home that sunday.
Hmmmm I used to drive 2 hours to Paragon. I think you could make it to Hancock in 2 hours according to Google Maps. Bring your Mom, we'll need someone to wash our bikes anyway :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Its 2.5 hours for me to Hancock. As I said, I'm not definitely out, but with my mom leaving sunday morning to go home, that means I wouldnt get on my way till 9-10am after she leaves.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK, Let's make this for Sunday the 18th. Who all is coming?

Bets I can tell we have:
Me
Flyinzuki
Papakeith +???
JasonJ
Woodsrider
Dan??

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Dave,.. Trying to get together 4 or 5 riders from the Shaw Camp, right now its a very good possibility, shooting for Sat morn arrival & Sun night departure. (Fingers crossed)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Anybody ready to commit for Sunday? I'm stopping at Micky D's in town for breakfast around 7:30 or 8 if anyone wants to meet.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
With good weather finally here, and the pickup sold I'm still in. It looks like I'm driving up solo and will get there Sat afternoon/evening.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's great Keith. :) :) I don't know how the cell service is at the trail head so give me a call when you roll into town. I'll be tied up all day Saturday but will have my cell with me.

The local weather looks good for Sunday and a passing shower Saturday.

Top Bottom