ryanrambo24

Jan 10, 2005
Could anyone give me some exact limits on the squish band clearance of a 91' cr 125? i am having some serious issues with this and i can't seem to find anything in the manual that will give me limits or clearences!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A squish clearance of about 1mm ( .040") is a good starting point to work from.

ryanrambo24

Jan 10, 2005
so thats around .5 mm to .63mm @.025 ,
remind uo that this is the domed style piston i'm sure you are aware of that but just throwin out there. anything different from wiesco to pro=x pistons? i had my cylinder replated and switched from pro x to wiesco and it through off my port timing , don't know if it has anything to do with the piston or not.. help!!!!!!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That's not going to be enough clearance.

ryanrambo24

Jan 10, 2005
so i should torque, measure , then do some calculations and order appropraite base gaskets from???? where ,
am i on the right track? and on the cr 125 does it matter what year cylinder i use up to i think 96'? as long as i keep my domed head and piston, and what is wrong with not enogh clearance? what and how would that effect?
also is there somewhere i can just chat with you rich instead of playing tag?thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I don't know how the various years fit together on the CR so I can't be of any help there. You might want to check with Cometic Gasket to see if they have something that might help.
http://www.cometic.com/

Top Bottom